New romanmade prototype?

Lakeshark

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they would put some effort into the technology of adhering paint to a wood substrate. They could definitely use some improvement in that area.

Just add some clear 3M vinyl strips to the joint contact points (like they make for the mother) and it will help greatly. RM has hands down the best paint quality, sadly when you have a sharp edge it will chip off. Trust me, I have had a few custom paint jobs and they lasted all of one day.

RM has hands down the best paint quality, sadly when you have a sharp edge it will chip off. Trust me, I have had a few custom paint jobs and they lasted all of one day.

lol "This head movie makes my eyes rain" 

lol "This head movie makes my eyes rain" 

Think it's a Tropic Thunder reference? Step Brothers would have resonated more :P

I don't know another SB (aside from say a DEPS bait) with the level of finish and detail that RM offers. I get that the fish don't care all that much, but there are only a handful of people that sell a painted wood lure that doesn't look like they rolled it in sand after clear coat or that even remotely holds up.

My wording may have been poor. The beveled edges hit on every glide and they can basically chip off the paint.

Edited by ATXBass

Bummer. I wish they never discontinued the RM South.

Was it formally discontinued or just put on the back burner to focus more attention on the glide bait craze? Either way, I too wish they were available. I really regret selling mine

Was it formally discontinued or just put on the back burner to focus more attention on the glide bait craze? Either way, I too wish they were available. I really regret selling mine

Everything I have read that RM discontinued the South. I have caught several Ozark fish on mine. 

EDIT: Just check the RM website. They are in stock. 

Edited by reelfish