deps 175 suspending?

ceelobrim

i bought a deps 175 slow sinking. i tried using it the other day and noticed it doesnt really sink, kind of suspends just underneath the surface. Am i just being to impatient in letting it sink or are they EXTREMELY slow sinkers. havent had a chance to try it in a pool or anything yet.  

They should sink a lil faster..there is a ballast in the tail that should fill with water..maybe it's plugged up..tho if you have a suspender that's a shallow water killer fish that bad boy in the 2-4 water around weed lines and watch it get crushed

They should sink a lil faster..there is a ballast in the tail that should fill with water..maybe it's plugged up..tho if you have a suspender that's a shallow water killer fish that bad boy in the 2-4 water around weed lines and watch it get crushed

+1

Squeeze the tail under water and let it fill. Or like Anthony said that bait could be killer.

None are sold as suspending..just saying that could be a shallow water gem..I have a few that all sink a lil different and the OG are more consistent..some swim for a few casts a$$ up until the ballast fills..the new ones are mass produced..doubt they are all tested for sink and swim

sweet maybe i did get an og deps then. Is there a way to tell by just looking at the bait? And nobody tuned it because it came straight out of the box. Unless they did it prior to packaging

Water temps could be a factor. Happens with jerkbaits all the time. Same bait that suspends might rise in warm water etc..what others said, could have very special bait on your hands...could also be slide swimmer conversion I luv mine and it runs shallow.

Edited by bigpoppabass