Save the delta

BigSlant

I if recall this bill is to irradiated the catch and release, if it passes and you catch these fish, no matter what size you have to keep it and no limit also and if you release the fish you could be fined if caught, it's poachers dream to catch as many fish and not get in trouble. There will be people fishing for them with coolers full of fish, they know who they are. I could be wrong but that's what I read. Crazy ish

Correct

Save the Delta keep getting small wins, one very recent just posted on facebook. They are able to continue the fight and have a voice because of the support of fisherman signing petitions and letting their voices be heard. Hopefully we can keep this moving in the right direction as its currently going, but we will have to wait and see. Thanks top everyone that signed, i dont know what i would do without this place at my doorstep. 

They have no idea what this would do to the economy, and I don't just mean with the fishing guides like myself.  The marinas business, the local stores business, everything.  The wakeboarders and pleasure cruisers make up a lot smaller percentage of sales than they think.  Sad.  Signed a few days ago, and reposted on FB.

Like I said before ,I highly doubt they can get rid of the bass.The bass are there to stay in California,and it's a good thing since it brings additional revenue to the state.Lets see what happens in the long run!

Agreed..they can't get rid of them all..it's the trying that will suck

Agreed..they can't get rid of them all..it's the trying that will suck

It's not even that they can't get them all, it's that every tourney has multiple  7,8,9, 10+ lb fish, there's no way I'm killing one.  ZERO chance.  10+ years for some of these fish.  Even if they get it through, my bag will accidently fall in the water.  The delta wouldn't be the delta with a bunch of 2lb fish, no point to even fish at a place with fish that small.  Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

This is all going to be for nothing if those bypass tunnels "actually" go through. Lucky for us, it's a Govt project, and we all know the effectiveness of how those go... But if they do, we won't have to worry about catch and kill on the bass, the bass will be long gone, only salt dwellers left in their place. Maybe we need to focus on a tunnel petition..? 

This is all going to be for nothing if those bypass tunnels "actually" go through. Lucky for us, it's a Govt project, and we all know the effectiveness of how those go... But if they do, we won't have to worry about catch and kill on the bass, the bass will be long gone, only salt dwellers left in their place. Maybe we need to focus on a tunnel petition..?

I wish there was a simple petition..if someone wants to donate or get involved check this link to see what Scandalfornia is up to

http://restorethedelta.org/101-california-water-fix-delta-tunnels-and-california-eco-restore/