Swimbaits in the hot summer

Hughie

I posted this already,but some how I posted it in the review section by mistake,I was just curious what swimbaits you guys have luck with in the summer time. I've been told boot tails are better then vortex type tails in summer,but do you catch them on the Huddelston's? I know slammers and wake baits are good,but what other hard baits do you guys have luck with in the hot summer?

night bite will be your friend. Try rats, slammers, wake jr, anything that makes noise and moves water. If there's fish around there you'll get bit for sure. at night i like to chill out for a few minutes after i walk down to the spot. Gives the fish some time to forget about me if i made some noise walking in. And its a good time to observe whats going on/ get your eyes dialed in to the dark

I have a bass boat and mostly fish the tidal water such as the Potomac and Chesapeake bay,i've caught a lot on slammers and baby wakes but haven't had much luck on anything else in the summer. I've tried throwing glides like gancrafts and negotiators but don't have as much luck with those as in spring. I just got some weedless rising sons I think they should be good on my waters in the summer.

contrary to what hughie said, most of my fish have been coming on glides recently hahaha. Just goes to show you have to get out there and find what the fish in YOUR area like. if something doesn't work, try something else. and also as everyone says you gotta night fish its the best

• Im in MD also, but fish mostly small lakes.  Rats have been doing well for me but I just started throwing other swimbaits a couple weeks ago.  Ive had no success on the slammer.  Had some short strikes on the gantarel and a shad swimbait I have.  Also short strike on the rising son...  G2 shell cracker and the g2 punker have done ok.   Im taking out the swaver 200 tomorrow to see how that fares.  Good luck!

I almost broke my PB last month on a S-Waver 168. I started using it more after listening Butch Brown saying that in the winter the Hudd is the best swimbait and in the summer glide baits are the best way to catch giants. It worked for me too. ;)