Seeing Is Believing

thastickybandit

Had a full-grown great blue Heron grab my Wake Jr and not want to give it up. Had to grab his neck Bart Simpson style to get him to let go. Fun fact -- they instinctively try to stab you in the eyes with those big beaks.

But this is probably my favorite. Had some fly-rod guys laughing at the Arm I was throwing. Set my rod down to put my net away and when the BA went in  the water as I walked to the front of the boat, a 5.6lb bass clobbered it. 

Edited by Top Ramen

Had a full-grown great blue Heron grab my Wake Jr and not want to give it up. Had to grab his neck Bart Simpson style to get him to let go. Fun fact -- they instinctively try to stab you in the eyes with those big beaks.

But this is probably my favorite. Had some fly-rod guys laughing at the Arm I was throwing. Set my rod down to put my net away and when the BA went in  the water as I walked to the front of the boat, a 5.6lb bass clobbered it. 

That was awesome!!!

Was fishing at night on the San Diego river about 3 or 4 years ago and some random people tried shooting me and a buddy and I'm not talking one shot were talking two guns both unloaded very slowly at us so we hopped off the canoe and swam for our lives As shots kept flying inches away from my head had 4 bullets come within an inch of hitting my head felt them hit the waater with force. Had a long swim back to shore while being shot , was the night decided I'm no longer night fishing lol probably the craziest thing that I have seen while fishing

i remember hearing about this a few years back! Didn't know it was you but glad your alright! after hearing about it it really turned me away from fishing the river 

i remember hearing about this a few years back! Didn't know it was you but glad your alright! after hearing about it it really turned me away from fishing the river

Thanks! yea some the best fishing in San Diego if u ask me numbers and size got couple fish over ten out of that river on a rigs in the short 3 months I fished it with a buddy, I won't go back tho not worth it guess I was lucky to have never had a problem the times I fished there from what the police said, that river is the river where I first witnessed bass busting in the hundreds and no exaggeration from one side of the shore to the other fish and bait everywhere jumping was like it was raining fish was incredible to witness but not one would bite that day. never seen one person fish there all the times I fished it though should have known it was too good to be true haha guess there was a reason no one fished there probably best u don't go there without a gun and still wouldn't go with one the way I was ambushed was lucky to have lived glad it was pitch black and they couldn't really aim good!

I was fishing late evening and the cormorants were feeding, I was throwing a Deps 250 and all a sudden... Slack line!!!! Thinking I got a good one ON! Reeling in to set hook and yup It's a stupid lake bird. This bird not only fooled me once but twice that evening

Was fishing at night on the San Diego river about 3 or 4 years ago and some random people tried shooting me and a buddy and I'm not talking one shot were talking two guns both unloaded very slowly at us so we hopped off the canoe and swam for our lives As shots kept flying inches away from my head had 4 bullets come within an inch of hitting my head felt them hit the waater with force. Had a long swim back to shore while being shot , was the night decided I'm no longer night fishing lol probably the craziest thing that I have seen while fishing

W T F seriously!? Damn man glad your OK

W T F seriously!? Damn man glad your OK

Serious as a heart attack me and my friend decided to go out at night on canoe and what's crazy is the whole time kept hearing noise in the bushes thinking it was raccoons or something then as we decided to get back we started paddling then boom heard gun shot behind me we stopped listened cuz weren't hundred percent that it was a shot or something else then from the tules that were about twenty feet from us another gun shot that flew right between the both of us. The noise of it ripping thru the air by our heads was enough for me to yell at my buddy to jump in the water they're trying to kill us. Swam under water took my shoes and sweatshirt off as I hear gun shots ripping thru the water I had to come up for air because when I jumped in the water it was so cold I ended up taking a breath of water in, came up coughing and my buddy yelling for me to help him so I swam back towards him as about 4 more shots were slowly taken at me and landing inches away from my head I told him to stop splashing and calm down because he is making an easy target to hit I couldn't get near him cuz as I did he tried climbing on me almost drowning me in a panic finally calmed down and we separated as I swam back to shore as more shots were taken,mind you they were taking there time in between shots to aim and they didn't laugh ever or make a noise while doing so, finally made it to shore and started running on a trail I found. As I was running all wet and muddy I seen a light of a cell phone on the trail, I thought to myself here we go they got me kept going tho becuase of adrenaline as I got closer heard a female voice saying are u ok what's heppening? I ran right past her and said run b@$$& they gonna kill you! Lol word for word. I came to the end of the trail where I thought was some apartments tried going up to a door since had no phone or gun to protect myself at the time and realized I was at the San Diego mission no one was here lol I made my way jumping fences back to where we were parked and waited couple min behind a tree all the sudden my buddies car started, I waited a min before going up to it in case it was not him then ran up to him since he didn't leave thank god it was my buddy he was in shock he didn't open the car door for me until I hit the door so hard it snapped him out of his daze he was in, we sped off around the corner to police helicopter shining lights on us then couple cop cars came got us out at gun point almost shot us because they thought we were the shooters, the old lady on the trail called the cops and 911 recorded I believe 9 shots while they were on phone with her. They then handcuffed Us and asked us what happened they didn't believe us until they took the chopper and saw our Canoe floating and also seen 3 people down there with there flir cameras they said they couldn't send any officers down in the marsh area to get the guys because it was too dangerous for there officers was a wild night I'll never forget. Mission valley San Diego

Fishing in my float tube one morning a few years back in a kinda sorta secluded area for this time in the morning. On the opposite bank I was fishing there was a couple chilling under a blanket enjoying the beautiful morning awaiting the sun to rise over the canyon wall. Then I hear the moaning...and realized the chick is grinding on top of the dude. DUDE...THESE PEOPLE ARE BANGING ON THAT ROCK!! Not 15 yards from me...and then we make eye contact...stop of a second...and keep going. Zero f***s given. Gotta love the white trash out here. Hell...I wouldn't have let some guy in a float tube stop from glory either I suppose, so I commend him on that.

I couldn't help but to laugh. Weirdest thing I have ever seen while fishing...

Serious as a heart attack me and my friend decided to go out at night on canoe and what's crazy is the whole time kept hearing noise in the bushes thinking it was raccoons or something then as we decided to get back we started paddling then boom heard gun shot behind me we stopped listened cuz weren't hundred percent that it was a shot or something else then from the tules that were about twenty feet from us another gun shot that flew right between the both of us. The noise of it ripping thru the air by our heads was enough for me to yell at my buddy to jump in the water they're trying to kill us. Swam under water took my shoes and sweatshirt off as I hear gun shots ripping thru the water I had to come up for air because when I jumped in the water it was so cold I ended up taking a breath of water in, came up coughing and my buddy yelling for me to help him so I swam back towards him as about 4 more shots were slowly taken at me and landing inches away from my head I told him to stop splashing and calm down because he is making an easy target to hit I couldn't get near him cuz as I did he tried climbing on me almost drowning me in a panic finally calmed down and we separated as I swam back to shore as more shots were taken,mind you they were taking there time in between shots to aim and they didn't laugh ever or make a noise while doing so, finally made it to shore and started running on a trail I found. As I was running all wet and muddy I seen a light of a cell phone on the trail, I thought to myself here we go they got me kept going tho becuase of adrenaline as I got closer heard a female voice saying are u ok what's heppening? I ran right past her and said run b@$$& they gonna kill you! Lol word for word. I came to the end of the trail where I thought was some apartments tried going up to a door since had no phone or gun to protect myself at the time and realized I was at the San Diego mission no one was here lol I made my way jumping fences back to where we were parked and waited couple min behind a tree all the sudden my buddies car started, I waited a min before going up to it in case it was not him then ran up to him since he didn't leave thank god it was my buddy he was in shock he didn't open the car door for me until I hit the door so hard it snapped him out of his daze he was in, we sped off around the corner to police helicopter shining lights on us then couple cop cars came got us out at gun point almost shot us because they thought we were the shooters, the old lady on the trail called the cops and 911 recorded I believe 9 shots while they were on phone with her. They then handcuffed Us and asked us what happened they didn't believe us until they took the chopper and saw our Canoe floating and also seen 3 people down there with there flir cameras they said they couldn't send any officers down in the marsh area to get the guys because it was too dangerous for there officers was a wild night I'll never forget. Mission valley San Diego

Wow.  I think this wins the contest lol. Glad you're ok