PB on the 8" TT

PNW bass

Got some sunny fall weather, and despite the winds, set out on the BÅte SUPs and fished the same shoreline that produced my former PB a week prior. Before there are any questions, I lost in fantasy football the week prior to my friend Pete, whom I was fishing with, hence his team tshirt being worn. :)

Had been a slow morning, threw the WRS, the Baby Wake, and the Flatsider Slammer with no luck. I turned to my 8" TT in violet kokanee on my LDC with 25 pound flouro. While on a somewhat high speed wind drift, I managed a long cast along the outside edge of some docks in about 20 feet of water. There's a sunken rowboat full of rocks that serves as an anchor for a huge inflatable jungle gym between the two docks that was my target. Was using a slower retrieve with a a few pauses, but it was fairly steady, as the wind was pushing me towards the lure. Right over the rock pile, it got hammered. There are big pike where we fish, and that was my first thought when it hit, but she went right to the surface, and showed her big ass bass-head as she tried but failed to toss those wonderful rotating TT hooks. After a brief, but thanks again to the wind, more than exciting, fight, I got her to me, drifted into the docks while Pete got a couple pics and we weighed her before letting her go. She came in at seven pounds, and damn... if I wasn't a completely addicted swimbait addict before, that whole experience will only worsen it dramatically.

Thanks to all of you guys here at SU. I've read every post, and tried to learn every single thing I can. Your knowledge, advice, stories, and experiences help anglers catch bigger and better fish. post-24049-0-48631900-1475493803_thumb.jpgpost-24049-0-52741700-1475493819_thumb.jpg

Hell yeah Micah! How do you like fishing from the Bote? 

I absolutely love it. There are times I wish I had a regular fishing boat to fish in the occasional tournament, or on a crazy windy day... but the added thrill and challenge of throwing big baits for big fish on the SUP has made me keep grinding on it every chance I get.

It's deadly in the shallows around spooky fish, and catching big pike on it is a wonderfully exciting experience. 

• 3 months later...