How to catch these fish !?!?

jtipton91

Looking for any tips! Most of my fish from this particular place come near the shoreline, rarely catch any fish out from the bank like these pictured below. Can't seem to figure these out, and it seems more and more are moving off the bank now. This is a roughly 40-50 acre sandpit. Max depth 20 or so feet.

These fish are suspended correct??

post-27283-0-92612900-1476853360_thumb.jpg

If I am reading it right (clarity), it says they're suspended at 10-11 FOW correct?  If you have medium or fast sink shad/gill of any sort you could try that.  You certainly can catch them on a swimbait.  You could even let a SS glide get way down there and slowly work it back.  Fish slower than you typically would to keep that bait in the strike zone.

If you swtich to conventional, lipless crank would be a great start.  Swimjig, chatterbait, or hollow belly swimbaits would be other choices for me. 

If I am reading it right (clarity), it says they're suspended at 10-11 FOW correct?  If you have medium or fast sink shad/gill of any sort you could try that.  You certainly can catch them on a swimbait.  You could even let a SS glide get way down there and slowly work it back.  Fish slower than you typically would to keep that bait in the strike zone.

If you swtich to conventional, lipless crank would be a great start.  Swimjig, chatterbait, or hollow belly swimbaits would be other choices for me.

yep suspending in 10 ft or so. These suckered baffle me every time I fish this place (or anywhere the fish are suspended).

64 degree is fairly warm, general activity should be decent. Given overall depth I'd drop a trap, blade, thumper plastic to bottom, count to 10 and rip it up super hard. Or long line a mid dive tight wobble floater of some kind and burn it right through them. Unless they are on baitfish they are not feeding out there. Reaction bite is your only hope. Or maybe I'm missing something. :huh:

Might not be bass even, they are set up more like white perch to me.

probably not perch. This place contains cats, bluegill, black crappie and lmb. (To my knowledge) I know stranger things have happened, but this is what I've been told.