DRT Tiny Klash Retrieves

Ryan Mitchell

Anybody have experience throwing the DRT Tiny Klash? I've caught one nice one so far on it and I love the versatility of this bait. Have you guys had success with this bait and what retrieves or modes are your best producer with this bait? Any advice on fishing this bait would be appreciated.

Anybody have experience throwing the DRT Tiny Klash? I've caught one nice one so far on it and I love the versatility of this bait. Have you guys had success with this bait and what retrieves or modes are your best producer with this bait? Any advice on fishing this bait would be appreciated.

LIP OUT MODE B ( TAIL DOWN.) is by far my most productive mode. i step the hooks up one size bigger on each so it is a Extremely slow sink/ suspends on fluoro. with the heavier hooks or weight strips you can count it down and slow roll it, burn it on top, slow or fast wake it, walk the dog, let it sink and jerk, jerk, pause just like a jerk bait. the possibilites are really up to you and experimentation. or i throw the bill in and cover rip rap or wood with it like a square bill. by far one of my favorite baits out there. 

LIP OUT MODE B ( TAIL DOWN.) is by far my most productive mode. i step the hooks up one size bigger on each so it is a Extremely slow sink/ suspends on fluoro. with the heavier hooks or weight strips you can count it down and slow roll it, burn it on top, slow or fast wake it, walk the dog, let it sink and jerk, jerk, pause just like a jerk bait. the possibilites are really up to you and experimentation. or i throw the bill in and cover rip rap or wood with it like a square bill. by far one of my favorite baits out there. 

Thanks man, Im a big fan on your youtube channel, thanks for taking the time to reply. Ive been mostly fishing with the bill in. I order the glide weight for it the other day. Have you tried the other two bills they offer? Id also like to try the V tail when monster get them back in stock. What size type hooks are you putting on it?

Thanks man, Im a big fan on your youtube channel, thanks for taking the time to reply. Ive been mostly fishing with the bill in. I order the glide weight for it the other day. Have you tried the other two bills they offer? Id also like to try the V tail when monster get them back in stock. What size type hooks are you putting on it?

If you can figure out how to order from Japan..the strikeskateandtackle has every accessory in stock

• 4 weeks later...

Alright I know this thread is on the tiny klash but I need help

Got a used 9" low float from a member on here..who got it from another respected member..I reached out to the guy I bought it from to ask if he understood this bait

Turns out we both couldn't figure it out..

Lip in tail up or down, the bait dives fast at least 6+ feet..fine if I'm in the boat and want a deeper dive..does not seem to have any action but an ultra tight wobble..deps sk has a way better action

Lip out tail down..the bait stays high and on a constant reel retrieve it basically lays over or runs straight with zero movement..

Lip out tail up..bait sinks lower and still is very dead

If I work the rod I can get it to do a half decent glide..but I dont think it's a glide bait

I've seen the vids and seen pics of fish "caught"

Does anyone have insight? Is this bait broken? Do I and the previous owner just suck that bad? Tips or tricks would be appreciated..I really want to like this bait..

Thx SU

Alright I know this thread is on the tiny klash but I need help

Got a used 9" low float from a member on here..who got it from another respected member..I reached out to the guy I bought it from to ask if he understood this bait

Turns out we both couldn't figure it out..

Lip in tail up or down, the bait dives fast at least 6+ feet..fine if I'm in the boat and want a deeper dive..does not seem to have any action but an ultra tight wobble..deps sk has a way better action

Lip out tail down..the bait stays high and on a constant reel retrieve it basically lays over or runs straight with zero movement..

Lip out tail up..bait sinks lower and still is very dead

If I work the rod I can get it to do a half decent glide..but I dont think it's a glide bait

I've seen the vids and seen pics of fish "caught"

Does anyone have insight? Is this bait broken? Do I and the previous owner just suck that bad? Tips or tricks would be appreciated..I really want to like this bait..

Thx SU

this video helped me out a lot on how to work it with the lip out

• 6 years later...
On 10/19/2016 at 4:34 PM, jmftattoo said:

So you use size 2/0 on the tiny Klash? I accidentally ordered size 2/0 instead of 1/0 but if you’ve used it and had success I’ll give it a shot

8 hours ago, joemag19 said:

So you use size 2/0 on the tiny Klash? I accidentally ordered size 2/0 instead of 1/0 but if you’ve used it and had success I’ll give it a shot

Way too big. The stock hooks are size 1 owner sty-35 short shank wide gap hooks or something like a stx-45zn size 2 which is about the same length and gram weight as the sty-35

10 hours ago, Bassmann86 said:

Way too big. The stock hooks are size 1 owner sty-35 short shank wide gap hooks or something like a stx-45zn size 2 which is about the same length and gram weight as the sty-35

Gotcha thanks man!

On 11/20/2016 at 5:16 AM, Kentsmith420 said:

this video helped me out a lot on how to work it with the lip out

Wow I need to use my wide lip. With the v tail that looks like it'd be a great reaction bite bait 

I also grabbed my first Tiny Klash on THU drop the other day. Fished it a couple times so far, followers but no takers. I did add suspend strips to both sections to get it to slow sink/suspend which seemed better for the cold water I was fishing