WTB: Swimbait Rod for big swim and glide baits (Deps 250)

freelancer27

Confirmed that all current models have the longer handle..

Thanks for checking!

I was just going off the TW specs for the rod and compared them with other rods on TW and what I currently have (Phenix M1 Inshore 7'9''). 

I need something longer than what I have on my Phenix right now for sure.  I am going off what the TW website says for the M1 Swimabit (which is a handle length of 19.5). The iRod -Bailey's handle is just 18). 

Let's see. Should be here tomorrow.

So I threw a 8 inch HUD ROF 16 on both rods in my backyard.

The Dobyns loads up a bit more and feels slightly better handling the weight. Though I am not sure if it is twice as good as the iRod. 
The shorter handle of the iRod is noticeable, but I think I could get around it. 

What would you do?

I've found a few G Loomis 966 gl2BBR, and 957 swimbait rods last month. Bought all 3 from different sources. All were $180. Good price for a great stick if you find them. Also picked up a 954 for $145 which is rated up to 8oz that might be better suited for the hudds.. either way you can't go wrong if you find one

I am tending to keep the Dobyns. Even it is almost twice the price. I feel the finish is a tic better. I prefer the longer handle and the softer taper makes the rod a bit more universal for Jig hooks and Treble hooks.

What do you guys think?

Keep the 867! It will get the job done with the huddleston and it will keep fish pinned like nobody's business with the 250. It's the most versatile rod in the line up IMO and my personal favorite in the lineup.

Keep the 867! It will get the job done with the huddleston and it will keep fish pinned like nobody's business with the 250. It's the most versatile rod in the line up IMO and my personal favorite in the lineup.

Thanks for your reply!

Will keep it. Was just a bit worried about the amount the rod loaded up. I was afraid to brake it. For some reason I think/thought that a rod for such lures needs to be more of a broom stick ;)

Thanks for your reply!

Will keep it. Was just a bit worried about the amount the rod loaded up. I was afraid to brake it. For some reason I think/thought that a rod for such lures needs to be more of a broom stick ;)

I fire the 250 out there as hard as anybody and never had an issue. I will admit that my first time I felt the same as you but after a couple of hours casting with it you will realize your not gonna hurt it .