iRod 8' Swimbait Bailey

Dc5drewmiester

Does anyone own this rod? I'm wondering what it starts to max out at and how low can it go. Planning to throw deps 250s, 8inch hudds to as low as 2oz gantarels and weedless rising sons. I know it's rated for 3-10oz but just wondering how it'll perform throwing something around 2oz. Thanks

Edited by Dc5drewmiester

I don't own one but a buddy does and I have used this rod a few times. It's a really good feeling rod. Its light and balanced and it's ideal for hudds. It will be pushing it a bit to throw the 250 though. It's not quite enough rod for me to feel comfortable throwing the 250. There are better rods out there for those 6+ oz baits.

I have this rod and use it for EXACTLY what you're talking about, although I throw my softbaits on a different rod, if I need one rod for all my baits from a gantarel-250 I'd bring this.  This rod is amazing.

I don't currently own a 250 but plan to get one. To be honest, I don't know how often I'll be throwing a 6oz bait but most of the time it'll be 2-4/5oz. I just needed feedback from someone who owns one. Thanks though. I think I'll be going with the bailey.

I don't own one but a buddy does and I have used this rod a few times. It's a really good feeling rod. Its light and balanced and it's ideal for hudds. It will be pushing it a bit to throw the 250 though. It's not quite enough rod for me to feel comfortable throwing the 250. There are better rods out there for those 6+ oz baits.

The 250 will probably be a once in a while thing for me, depending if I feel safe enough to throw it in pike infested waters, but it's assuring to know that at least it'll be capable of tossing one. Thanks!

If your looking to toss a 250 go with the xl 8ft rod

I know I should have different rods for different lures but I kind of need a jack of all trades rod for the moment. At least from what I can tell, the Bailey seems to fit better for me