13 Fishing Concept A3 vs Curado 300

Tyler Schmidt

I've never heard a bad thing about the curado, and I love all my smaller shimanos. Anyone get their hands on the new 13 swimbait reel? Or any other experience with 13 reels, good and bad? Is the new Shimano tranx going to have a lefty, price point?

Edited by GSUbasser

I personally didnt like the feel of the Curado 300e7 it felt cheap and not smooth way nicer than a lot of reels but its not something I would call the best. 

Tearing it down a lot of the insides looked cheap as well, flashing and the brass gear look porous. 

Got the A3 not too long ago and it feels way nicer, bit of play in the mainshaft rocking back and forth but reeling is a lot smoother than the curado. Internals is worlds nicer feel and look. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have reels from both brands. I have a 300 curado but not the concept a3. I have the concept a conventional reel. There is no way 13 fishing reels feel nicer than shinanos. In my opinion its not even close. But the concept is not a bad reel

I have reels from both shimano and 13 fishing.  It is really had to beat shimano they always make a great reel.  The 13 fishing concept A reel I has is very nice. I was very impressed with the reel.  Its smooth, cast nice, feels good in my hand and to be honest I have thought about purchasing another reel from them, the A3.  However its hard for me to stray from shimano, and if I am being honest it really has to do with the customer service reel repair warehouse being 3 miles from my house.  But I did have to interact with 13 fishing for a rod I broke, and they were 5 stars.  swapped the rod and shipped it seamlessly.  Both are good choices, I guess that's a good problem to have.

I just got an A3 and I've fished it a couple times or so. We have been getting hammered with rain lately so the lakes have been super muddy so I haven't been fishing much. I like it as much as my Curado 300 so far. Reel is light weight and feels solid. Handle and knobs I do like better than the curado. Cork knobs are a amazing and super easy to grip even when they get wet. It had no problem hucking mags, thumper tails and nezumma rats a mile. Reel runs super smooth and has torgue for days. Brakes and spool tension work great easy to adjust. Haven't had s back lash yet. So far so good I would recommend getting especially given the price point!

I have reels from both shimano and 13 fishing.  It is really had to beat shimano they always make a great reel.  The 13 fishing concept A reel I has is very nice. I was very impressed with the reel.  Its smooth, cast nice, feels good in my hand and to be honest I have thought about purchasing another reel from them, the A3.  However its hard for me to stray from shimano, and if I am being honest it really has to do with the customer service reel repair warehouse being 3 miles from my house.  But I did have to interact with 13 fishing for a rod I broke, and they were 5 stars.  swapped the rod and shipped it seamlessly.  Both are good choices, I guess that's a good problem to have.

let me amend this. after dealing with 13 fishing warranty dept on a few issues, go with shimano.  There warranty dept is top notch, you wont have to hold there hand and still get the incorrect item.