Attractants

Tuco

Well.... I'd say not like you can't get bit without attractants bUT why not . Fish can definitely smell. After days on the water blank blank blank then bang 10 lber. Boiling your hudd tails, special paint jobs, modifying ring/hooks, ATTRACTANT, BB rigs, whatever it may be sure why not? Gives us confidence. And that's what you need when your looking for that one big bite. I use hot sauce. Sticks to your hudds/hard baits great. Reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine. So what ever we gotta do for that special moment of time when you swing and feel that fish, WE DO! Good luck out there guys. Hope you catch the fish of a Lifetime

Well.... I'd say not like you can't get bit without attractants bUT why not . Fish can definitely smell. After days on the water blank blank blank then bang 10 lber. Boiling your hudd tails, special paint jobs, modifying ring/hooks, ATTRACTANT, BB rigs, whatever it may be sure why not? Gives us confidence. And that's what you need when your looking for that one big bite. I use hot sauce. Sticks to your hudds/hard baits great. Reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine. So what ever we gotta do for that special moment of time when you swing and feel that fish, WE DO! Good luck out there guys. Hope you catch the fish of a Lifetime

Are you talking about the stuff Byron Velvick used at Clear Lake awhile back? Or actual hot sauce or what? 

I don't know if they make bass hit more, but I think it might help. It can help them have the bait in their mouths for a longer time too. I've caught some nice bass both with and without scent... People who made more serious experiences with them say it really makes a difference and they get more bites. Bill Murphy, Mike Long, Brett Richardson always say they get more bites with scent. Some say it makes a difference even in fast moving baits. But I've seen many great trophy hunters who don't use them.

Where I think it can really help, specially with big baits is that they make the bait more slippery and you'll snag them less. And the most important thing: when bass grab a swimbait a hold it, you need to move the bait in their mouths to set the hook, otherwhise they'll open the mouth and release the bait. You'll move the bait much easier if you use an oily scent on the baits.

Edited by mcaetano2905

post-28099-0-14487400-1484228526_thumb.jpeg

Best scent out there but be sure to bring a towel to wipe your hands cuz its some nasty ish. Another benefit of using attractants is that a lot of them act as a lubricant as well. Helps large baits slide into the fishes mouth a lot easier. #tapatio

I use alot of scents. The super sticky stuff, pro cure and smelly jelly, seem to work better in cold weather. Stay away from lipstick tube scents. They ruin anything with a skirt nearby. I like pro cure in the cold weather but stuff stays on baits forever and cannot be washed out of a towel. It does create a smell cloud while sitting that I like. I like to treat braid with bang in a paper towel every once in a while to clean it and to add some flavor...I also use gulp sprays. Yum F2 shad smells like a real baitfish school and is a great spray. Sprays work great with nighttime topwaters and they turn sniffers into strikers..... Get a copy of Kevin Jones book, prob the most scientific book on scents out there but he is partial to water soluble gulp stuff since he is a Berkeley scientist....Last thing smelly jelly is great on slammers and pats to add extra flash.

OMFG JACK..Type your post..then proofread it..at least 3 times..then delete it..if you still think this is reasonable then try Tapatio..there is no vinegar in it..bass hate vinegar

Lol sorry was just curious if some people actually would use hot sauce on their swimbaits

No need to be sorry for anything kid. These post are putting smile on my face. Your right about the guy at clear lake. I just like the stuff cuz it stays on your bait for a few cast. Where as some of the thinner watery scents seem to come off after one cast. Then you end up spending more time dipping your bait in scent rather then fishing. I feel like the fish will keep the bait in there mouth longer before they spit it.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/Berkley-ae-fish-attractants-leave-the-oil-at-home.html

Here's the science..I tend to agree with experience but here ya go

Attractants like swimbaits too..are primarily designed to catch fisherman..

Like with anything it's a confidence game..if you break your pb with Attractant your gonna swear by it..if you don't use it and you can still catch fish..you don't need it..

And sorry Jack for flipping out..but you gotta turn the common sense dial up a bit think before you hit send..it's wearing people out