"How much for Just one Rib"

shinner

I'm Going to Eat you Sucka

Standing Rib Roast with a Hot Horseradish Crust

1 (3-rib) prime rib beef roast, about 6 pounds

5 garlic cloves, smashed,

1/2 cup grated fresh or prepared horseradish (I used the prepared hot horseradish)

freshly ground black pepper

Onion Powder

Garlic Powder

1 onion, cut in slices

1 Can of Beef stock (I use the low sodium one)

1 or 2 cups of nice red wine

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Lay the beef in a large roasting pan with the bone side down. (The ribs act as a natural roasting rack.)

Rub a little Olive Oil on all sides, Sprinkle with Coarse Sea salt or Kosher Salt, liberal amounts of Fresh Cracked pepper, Onion and Garlic powder.

Now if you like the flavor of Horseradish (it adds little bite of the vinegar in it and a little hot flavor) Rub a good amount on the top of the roast (over the spices you put on before)

Put the pan in the oven with your Beef Stock, Red Wine, Crushed Garlic and Onion and roast the beef for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours for medium-rare (or approximately 20 minutes per pound). Check the internal temperature of the roast in several places with an instant-read thermometer; it should register 125 degrees F. for medium-rare. Remove the beef to a carving board and let it rest for 20 minutes loosely covered with Tin foil. The internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise by about 10 degrees.

To make a pan gravy:

Pour the pan juices into a fat separator or small bowl and set aside to allow the fat and beef juices to separate. (remove the Garlic and Onion) I put the whole pan across two burners on medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of butter, while that melts use your spatchula to scrap up all those caramelized bits.. once the butter is melted add 3 tablespoons of flour, constantly stir... it will make this paste.. once the paste starts to turn a very light brownish slowly add back in the pan juices and a little beef stock if needed.. Turn your heat to simmer... Keep stirring, you can add some fresh cracked pepper, the sauce will thicken once its off the burner.. (add a little flour if you want it thicker, I usually try and match the amount of butter with the amount of flour)

I suggest serving with Fresh Mashed Po-Tae-Toes

ShinnSimmons saying "cook me now, thank me later"

Lets Get Down

th_IMGP2778.jpg

All My Players Here

th_IMGP2779.jpg

th_IMGP2780.jpg

MMMM is the Sound of Shinner Working on the Rib... Bone..

th_IMGP2781.jpg

Racheal Rays got a big ass :lol:

I fail to see the downside of this argument!

Looks Good Shiner I'm going to give this a try

schlitz the horseradish is optional and if you like rosemary you can finely chop some fresh to add to it..

Make sure you let it rest for at least 10 minutes before taking a knife to her..