Echo Park Lake

chrisstanley11

Any you Los Angeles area dudes fish this little lake? They stock it with trout like every couple weeks, got To be some trout eaters in there. I have close friend that lives a 5 minute walk away and was thinking about bringing some gear on my next visit.

It used to be a monster factory, but as noted above, the lake was drained and all the fish relocated. However since the lake was refilled, by what I've heard and seen, anglers in the know are relocating bass back into the lake. How many and how big, there is no way to know. I myself back in the 1990's had a pretty good run there.

Edited by brushhawg1

Dude awesome worth bringing some gear then. My buddy is looking to get into fishing since he lives so close. Might pass him the swimbait bug. He can afford it haha. Seen some a video dated in June of 2016 of a decent fish being caught not on a SB but yeah. They stock the shot out of it!

Chris, all of my large fish were caught on conventional baits, but I know young guns are out there throwing some big baits rats, etc. I think I know the video you are speaking off. Prior to the drain, that lake had lots of bluegill , trash fish, and yes, trout plants. It's not big , so it's easy to cover. Spring time is nice. I might head back out myself as it gets warmer.