Anyone know if the rain has helped Morena?

Bloodkitty

Dude Murray is a beast of a different nature... i used to work there at the dock n stuff. That lake can be such a headache at times and epic in seconds. We should hook up sometime and hit it up. #MurrayMonsterz

I might have to check it out sometime. I'm still trying to get Murray figured out completely.

Every time I think I got it dialed in, it chews me up and spits me back out lol

I spent over 70 days on Murray last year before I moved. That place is so tough at times, but if you keep at it, you'll be there at the right time.

My old go to: cast a weedless hudd gill from the shallow "no fishing" buoy (opposite launch ramp) to the boat house and crawl it til it gets crushed.

The biggest bass I've ever witnessed in person followed my first cast ever of my OG natty trout at Lake Murray. There are serious beasts in there. Not surprisingly, the boat dock is a popular haunt for them.

The few times I've fished down there in SD I've spent most of my time at Murray and Jennings. I'm sticking with Murray, because I know there's some monsters in there. 

Is Jennings a waste of time? Aesthetically, I like being there a lot. I've never seen water that clear and having bald eagles fly over you carrying a trout is awesome. I've had big followers, but from what I hear everyone says that and no one catches much. 

I fished Jennings a fair amount, and I just had a difficult time getting fish to commit. Water is typically gin clear, and there are tons of downed trees, old plastic construction fencing, and other random crap to hang up baits on.

I had the most success, generally, fishing parallel to long points, especially at Murray and Jennings. Topo maps help.

too bad Jennings isn't stocking lightning trout and the trophy trout anymore...i've had a few of those things hit swimbaits

Those lightening trout were dope af. There are some holdovers i believe that are still pretty big if not trophy i seen a big trout follow in a lil crank from deep water right before they started stocking again.

Loveland still is epic, especially now.

Was at Morena a few weeks ago. As the other posted said it was dead and muddy. I would be out there more if there wasn't all the crackheads breaking into cars and stealing stuff.

Those are the locals, that little town has the worst human beings on earth, i grew up a few towns over and i've never run into more scumbags in my entire life.  they're all a bunch of grade-a assholes.

Edited by nadinesmom