Trip out west

Sciaramitaro

First week of me and Tyson's trip was spent in California. We grinded hard all week with the big baits with nothing but followers. Thanks to Matt Purcell and Matt magnone for getting us out on the water, always a good learning experience!

Hoping that our trip would take a turn, me and tyson went south to AZ for another week. Monday we didn't have anything lined up so we decided to go shore fish. After a couple hours fishing with nothing, and after the whole previous week with nothing, the grind was definitely taking a toll. Kept on throwing and finally got thumped on the 8" hudd, set the hook and she had her choked. This fish went 5lb7oz.post-22487-0-03860700-1486688757_thumb.jpg

post-22487-0-99696200-1486688788_thumb.jpg

Finally got on a decent fish, released her and very next cast got bit 2 times, 3rd time she came to bite I set the hook and there was one on. Felt bigger so I was all worked up, got it about 10ft away from me and I saw her jump and just shake my hudd like it was nothing. I'm guessing the fish was 8lb+ from what I saw. Heartbroken haha

The next two days we went out with our buddy Jason. He showed up the lake and more importantly got to fish it from different angles. We didn't end up getting any giants but we got a few over ambitious trout eaters on the mag. Here's my only fish from those two days with Jason. Tyson got a couple fish on the mag as well.

post-22487-0-42380800-1486689347_thumb.jpg

Friday morning I got to go out with my buddy Tim(Yelosub) and my homie Jon. We fished for a couple hours with nothing and moved to a spot just before tyson showed up at the lake. I casted my mag just about as far as I could cast it and started boundcing off the bottom. Felt some rocks, then I felt a rock bite back! Fish took forever to reel in and once it was close enough Tim netted it and we were all pumped up. This fish went 6 even. post-22487-0-61646100-1486689722_thumb.jpg Tyson ended up hopping on tims boat afterwards and we fished the rest of the day with no luck. We all still had a hell of a time. Thanks again tim for taking us out, very stand up dude!

Next day went out with Manny and goddamn it was a crazy day. From 7-12 we had no bites, a couple follows so we were all bummed. 12:30 comes around and manny asks what time it was and I say, "it's big bite time!". Moved to a section of the lake and sure enough first cast, bam! Stuck my PB coming in at 9.03lbs!post-22487-0-87993400-1486695863_thumb.jpg. Tyson casts out his mag right after, as manny is getting the hook out of this Giants mouth, we hear tyson say, "I got one!". Manny nets this one, 7lbs! Complete insanity at this point, we knew we hit a Wolfpack that was feeding hard so we kept casting. Two casts later, tyson says he is on again! I see the fish jump and next time I saw it, it was laying in a net on the boat! 8lber even! Tyson broke his pb two times in 3 casts, most incredible thing I have witnessed. Best day of my life on the water so far for sure! Thanks again manny for taking us out last minute! Here's the picture of me and Tyson's 3 for 24. post-22487-0-63900300-1486696251_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the huge write up guys but it was a crazy ending to a crazy trip! Thanks for reading!

Great story dude! congrats on those pigs!

Wish we could set up a program where users on this forum can meet up with other users and fish different waters in nearby states.  Mossy took me under his wing in August and put me on waters that have never seen a swimbait.  Had a great week