3:16s

davidebass

They're made of resin and the action is an "S" like slithering motion.

Great thing about them is they can be fished super slow or burned as fast as you can reel and the action stays true.

I've personally did best fishing the Floaters super slow.

I believe the 3:16 lure YouTube channel has videos you can check out.

Very good video on the FS Shad, which has a very similar action to the Gill

316s have produced time and time again for me,as far as the freestyle gill that is one killer bait.You will most likely find that most guys that get bit on them will have mor confidence in different retrieves. That's simply because there are so many different things you can do with it to get bit. When its cold out or if im fishing at night a casual slow roll works best for me but there are times that I seem to get bit more on the erratic quick retrieves. What im saying is,get one. I highly recommend them.

Edited by mjw2121

if you're gonna get one of his hard baits i'd recommend the gill.  That being said, i'd get a lot of baits before I got his baits, minus his glides which are impossible to come by.  His soft baits though... top notch!

if you're gonna get one of his hard baits i'd recommend the gill.  That being said, i'd get a lot of baits before I got his baits, minus his glides which are impossible to come by.  His soft baits though... top notch!

The Rising Son & Minnow are some badass baits that don't get nearly as much hype as the hardbaits.

Yet, I honestly think they are more effective fish catchers.

Would you guys go 3:16 gill over Matt's Hardgill? Or is there a noticeable difference between the two?

man it pains me to say this, but I choose the mattlures hardgill almost every time over the 3:16. It just gets bit more...in my experience.

Both are great baits though, I have 4 3:16 gills and 6 mattlures. Get whichever one you can find cheapest I'd say.

Would you guys go 3:16 gill over Matt's Hardgill? Or is there a noticeable difference between the two? 

No. the hardgill thumps considerably harder and i think it is a difference maker in a lot of bites.  The Hardgill looks a lot more natural.  I ahve both, I fish the hardgill 95% of the time.  I'm thinking about letting the FS go soon maybe to fund new stuff..........like new hardgills soon to be released.

Edited by MarkH024