trout stocking

bassturds

so up here in MA they just started stockin trout.  the water temps are near 40. i'd be shocked if it was above 45.  now this is the very beginning of the spring trout season. is it still to early to chase the trout eaters? or will the actively feed on trout  when the water is super cold

I would of been there the day after they stocked and everyday thereafter..

Rod, the weekend forecast here is a low of 8 to a high of 27 degrees with 15 to 25 MPH winds.  If you want to hop on a plane I'll let you borrow a kayak.  This ain't California.  

LOL

Rod, the weekend forecast here is a low of 8 to a high of 27 degrees with 15 to 25 MPH winds.  If you want to hop on a plane I'll let you borrow a kayak.  This ain't California.  

LOL

You forgot to mention the now changed to 12+ inches of snow coming Tuesday!

Pffffft. You mean to tell me you guys don't have a steel icebreaker mounted on the front of your kayak and braided wire spooled up to get those "ice not yet out" fish?  :lol:

In all seriousness the real feel tomorrow is going to be -20 in parts of the state. The high wind will probably keep lakes open but your spool will be an ice cube after the first cast if you even tried to brave the weather.