Roman made what?

mjw2121

I imagine Roman Made will come out with a rod that will handle the weight of the lure before having the lure come out to the mass market in my opinion. They have the rod specifically for the mother but I do not know if they make a larger rod than that.

• 1 month later...

why would anybody ever buy a manifold bait?

Why would people pay $800 for hinkle trouts just under 2 years ago..the recurring 3:16 craze..I'd buy one if I had the dumb money..I really like the silver scaled one and it def has enough similarity to a bait fish..but for me I could buy 15 or so baits I really like for just one Manifold

I had a chance to buy a manifold lure for a seriously discounted price here awhile back but backed out because of the lack of info out there on it. There isnt much info on the manifold lures stateside so for anyone interested this is some info I gathered awhile back. Keep in mind I am by no means an expert on these lures and all info was aquired through social media, various jdm websites translated into broken english and some info from people I have talked to that used to or are living in Japan. So take it with a grain of salt. 

The company known as "detail works manifold"  are actually what I believe to be a custom sewing,embroidery, leather workshop. Or something of that nature. They make like high end leather custom purses, belts, wallets, etc. I think that is what their primary focus is although they do make these "leather lures" also. There are two types from what I know of maybe more not sure. The DENIIRO and PATIINO i think thats how they are spelled, can't remember what the differences were(maybe different sizes?). The core body is made from a polyethylene material that is hand carved and the outer shell is made from high quality real leather. All baits are hand made and sewn and I think are made on order. There are a few different designs like you can get em with just straight leather or get what they call foil paste?? Not sure maybe that was just broken english I read but they can come with python foil or shark foil paste. Not sure if this is the skin of a real python or shark or maybe just a made up material resembling it. I do know it cost extra for this though. Also there are several different color variations of these foils and different textures, eyes, and designs thats why you see so many different ones out there.  I don't think there is an actual final product of these lures as of yet.  All I've seen were "Test Samples", that might have changed now not sure.  Apparently these are highly sought after in japan but only made in low quantities (sound familiar?).  Yugo Yamada(a well known trophy hunter in japan) is one of the so called testers as well so this might contribute to the demand. From what I've seen they retail for anywhere from 17500 to 21000+ yen, and then there are the guys that flip them for more so prices can get pretty crazy. Not sure what the deal is but from some japanese blogs I read many believe the leather gives the bait a more realistic "presence" in the water and natural swim. Please correct me on any of this if you know more about it and chime in if you have any more info to add.