13 Fishing Muse Swimbait Rod - Any users/opinions?

blckshirt98

Think I'm going to send this Phenix black diamond back to tw, and exchange for the Muse Black think I'll grab a 8'6"XL and see how it handles 250's and pizz shadleyXL. I ACTUALLY ended up really liking the diamond inshore for wakers and glides Like the Pizz shadley. I will get it and let you all know my opinion on them. Sorry not helping here, buts it's nice to talk about a rod or any equipment that is readily available and not have to hear, CUSTOM SO AND SO it's worth it to wait a year. A lot of company's are getting into SB specific rods . It would be nice to have a space to talk about commercial made without getting the custom,custom, name drop crap on every post.later

Think I'm going to send this Phenix black diamond back to tw, and exchange for the Muse Black think I'll grab a 8'6"XL and see how it handles 250's and pizz shadleyXL. I ACTUALLY ended up really liking the diamond inshore for wakers and glides Like the Pizz shadley. I will get it and let you all know my opinion on them. Sorry not being able to help but will soon

• 4 weeks later...

Got my 8' H Muse Black, took it out today with the 250 and K9, I love this freakin rod. I had a dobyns 867 but I like the muse better in almost every way. Like Carl said, it is a true fast action and it loads up great, I would get tired with the dobyns because it was so flimsy and long, especially the handle, and it felt like I was just heaving baits. I like to make a lot of short casts to cover, and skip under trees and docks etc.  The short but fat handle on the muse lets me kind of "whip" the baits out there with ease, and it felt like I had more control of the bait. While it is a fast action it's not too stiff for treble hook baits but it is still stiff enough for a hudd IMO. The 250 in no way felt like it was testing the max weight for this rod, but I could see myself throwing my beloved gantarels on it no problem. Liking the foxhole hook keeper, and not to mention how slick this rod looks in person. Currently have a cardiff 300 on it but am expecting a concept a3 any day now and will give feedback on that as well. Geekin on this rod!

Got my 8' H Muse Black, took it out today with the 250 and K9, I love this freakin rod. I had a dobyns 867 but I like the muse better in almost every way. Like Carl said, it is a true fast action and it loads up great, I would get tired with the dobyns because it was so flimsy and long, especially the handle, and it felt like I was just heaving baits. I like to make a lot of short casts to cover, and skip under trees and docks etc.  The short but fat handle on the muse lets me kind of "whip" the baits out there with ease, and it felt like I had more control of the bait. While it is a fast action it's not too stiff for treble hook baits but it is still stiff enough for a hudd IMO. The 250 in no way felt like it was testing the max weight for this rod, but I could see myself throwing my beloved gantarels on it no problem. Liking the foxhole hook keeper, and not to mention how slick this rod looks in person. Currently have a cardiff 300 on it but am expecting a concept a3 any day now and will give feedback on that as well. Geekin on this rod!

That's good to hear, I had my eye on it for mostly hudds and other jig hook baits but wanted the option to throw trebles as well. 

• 1 month later...