RM MOTHER. SILENCERS VS NO SILENCERS

jmftattoo

Thoughts on silencers vs no silencers on the mother. Had one fall off and couldn't find it, so I took the other off. Honestly like the glide better with out them. Discuss.

Ps I searched and didn't find and good feed back.

*edit: prior with silencers I felt it favored a side. Which I've heard happens sometimes with moms. I feel it's much more fluid now and doesn't seem to hang up on one side or the other.

For me the biggest reason to have the silencers on is to keep the bait from beating itself up. Even with silencers mothers get torn up from just fishing them but i think the silencers protect the joint from getting banged up. If you still have one of your silencers you can cut it up and use it on both sides.

The glide is wider for sure..there is also an audible click as the wood knocks on a turn..hence "silencers"..they aid in some protection from the joint chipping but that's inevitable anyway..it's really to take the sound away..it's subsurface so not really loud to us but may be to fish? We know bass are temperamental and will be spooked or attack noise..just keep fishing it and see what turns up!

Edited by BigSlant

For me the biggest reason to have the silencers on is to keep the bait from beating itself up. Even with silencers mothers get torn up from just fishing them but i think the silencers protect the joint from getting banged up. If you still have one of your silencers you can cut it up and use it on both sides.

Yeah I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something other than that without them. Like I said I'm actually liking the glide better without them. Someone on fb said it perfect to me. It's like the silencers dulled out the glide to an extent. It cuts back and forth much more sharp and crisp now without them. I'm not worried about the paint to much. I won't ever resell it, so I don't care if it gets scratched up.

Yeah I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something other than that without them. Like I said I'm actually liking the glide better without them. Someone on fb said it perfect to me. It's like the silencers dulled out the glide to an extent. It cuts back and forth much more sharp and crisp now without them. I'm not worried about the paint to much. I won't ever resell it, so I don't care if it gets scratched up.

The thing is, the bait is made of wood. If the bait gets too scratched up to the point where raw wood is showing, it can get water logged. Once that happens it will swim like ish and probably sink like a brick if it gets real bad unless you reseal the wood. It happened to one of my negotiators and have heard it happen to a few others that own mothers. I see the silencers as more of a preventative measure than a cosmetic or even sound deadening feature.

I guess the only question that really matters isnt if you think the glide looks better. Its how the fish respond the change. I would want to know how it aligns in a side by side fish against the previous glide pattern. I see this statement alot, that people like the way a bait swims or how it swims after changes but have no previous experience with the bait to compare to. To each their own and confidence is def important, but I am always interested in how fish respond. That tighter lumbering glide that mothers have is money to me

I guess the only question that really matters isnt if you think the glide looks better. Its how the fish respond the change. I would want to know how it aligns in a side by side fish against the previous glide pattern. I see this statement alot, that people like the way a bait swims or how it swims after changes but have no previous experience with the bait to compare to (not saying thats the case here). To each their own and confidence is def important, but I am always interested in how fish respond. That tighter lumbering glide that mothers have is money to me because of the results it has produced

Edited by Ceaser