Anybody use the Castaic Hard Head Floater?

DC*ASU

I have been messing around online just browsing and looking at swimbaits and came across the Castaic Hard Head Baits on TW. After reading the description and looking at the bait a little, I'm kind of interested in picking one up to try it out. I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with this bait. Any positives or negatives would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your input.

The description for that bait is nonsense on TW. Paul caught that fish on the Castaic Hard Bait, not the Hard head. There was a lot of hype about these baits a while back so I got one. Mine doesn't float. The other issue is that it doesn't run true and once tuned, it goes out of tune very easily after just a few casts mainly due to the crappy hardware on the lure. Big disappointment :(

-Ali

LOL wow, sounds like a true POS bait. The big fish caught on it wasn't the part of the description I was talking about. I just figured it looked like an ok bait and from the description, figured it might make an ok "twitch" bait or DS bait. I'm guessing I'll wait for a couple more guys to respond and see if the POS thoughts on it are unanimous. Thanks for your input so far.

Imho there pretty good baits.... I have seen the 9" catch fish an have heard good things dead stickin the 12". Im gettin my 12" floater here soon n let u know how it goes. Probly gunna cut the bill off an bbz a frog hook on top with surgical tubing.