Santa Barbara area bug bass fishing?

natalex85

• 1 month later...

I fish Margarita multiple times a week and the fishing has been really tough since the lake came up... Swimbait bite is almost non existent except for a follower I had the other day that nipped it right at the boat. I was killing it there last summer on swimbaits but since last fall with the exception of one hudd fish and 3:16 fish I have yet to get another bite on a swimbait. I love Lopez but never really fished it hard with a swimbait usually just throw a jig. Lopez has a bunch of shale rocks and it'll eat your swimbaits. They do stalk trout there however! I've heard casitas has been pretty good I talked to a guy the other day that said he was doing prettt good on hudds there!

Hit up iso_the1, I'm pretty sure he's from that general area, and a cool cat to fish with.

Wish I could help you, but when I was in SB I was mainly trolling for tail in Isla Vista. (Hint: an A-rig of Natty Lite trolled down DP kills on Thursday-Saturday night)

If I could figure out how to pm I'd put you up on a couple spots. Not big lakes but still sick spots. I caught fish on huds punkers and spro bbz1 all in the same day. 5-7 pounds

Make a few more post and the messaging service will then be available to you.  Thank you for your willingness to help me out!