Image/foil wrapped baits

Campobassmaster

Hey SU,

tried to do some research to no avail..... Since I stink at painting and don't have the right stuff to, I wanted to foil wrap or wrap with an image for my baits. What do i need to do it and how much does the stuff cost? What do I need to know etc??? 

Thanks,

Jack

• 4 weeks later...

I personally don't have the skill to foil a bait but maybe I can help you get the desired effect in a different way. I've been doing a lot of painting baits with a copic airbrush system. a friend gave me a bunch of Sammy bodies to paint for him and I tried Ayu and Aurora Black. I put down a base coat of chrome or silver from a rattle can and painted the rest of the bait with the airbrush......I killed it. They came out really good looking.

When I think of foil bodies, I immediately picture Bagley's baits. Of which I collect a bunch. I'll see if i can get some photos up soon.

Hey Jack, I foil my baits. It's actually quite a job and isn't as easy as it sounds, especially if you are going to create your own wraps.

I really wish I had just taken the plunge and started painting from the beginning. 

My advice would be to learn to paint. Most stuff is done with stencils so its not like you have to be a super talented artist. Check out some videos on line to get a feel for how its done. Then see if you can find someone in your area who airbrushes (just ask at an art store), no doubt they'll be able to help you out and you'll be styling in no time...I may even end up sending you baits to paint.

A mate of mine just started airbrushing . He does awesome stuff but he can't even draw a smiley face...  https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwejJdDwCK/?taken-by=offshore_g

Good luck