Nezumma Rat: Sorry guys if this is a repeat, my search brought no similar topics

SKSlide

I was able to find something that had the sizes listed but unable to find an answer to my question about lip difference.  What is the difference between standard and waking lip?  I know that sounds retarded because I understand what a waking lip does, makes it wake...but I thought this rat was a topwater waking bait to begin with?   It seems a lot of people go with the standard lip so I am just wondering why.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the reply....so which model produces more fish overall.....

And does the standard allow you to wake at very slow speeds as well as dive when you want it to? 

So more versatile. hence the popularity over the waking lip?

Ability to catch fish is more in the operator than the lure. Until we have autonomous fishing lures, "what swimbait will catch more fish?" will always be a matter of opinion, with individual user's style, gear, etc truly accounting for the majority of success.

That said, and to answer your other question, the standard lip allows you to run sub-surface. No experience with the wake lip but I hear it just stays waking at a faster retrieve.

They both work and it really depends on where you are fishing it. If you're fishing over weeds or tree branches or whatever that are very close to the surface then the standard lip will get fouled up when it dives so you'd want a waking lip to keep it on top and over the weeds etc. if the water is a little deeper and the weeds are down below the surface a bit you can wake the standard lip but also reel it down without worrying about snagging or fouling it. a lot of times they will hit it when you first start to crank it down, not sure if they think it's trying to get away or what but it's definitely a trigger at times. 

Edited by yev14

The Nezzuma rat was designed to swim under the surface, it was designed like that for people in Japan because that's how they liked to fish their baits. Then the waking lip is a wake bait.

The standard lip does wake but not as well as the waking lip

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, DominicD said:

Where can I get a waking lip 

Tripletrout.com on occasion. Scott has been very responsive via email in my experience and will turn around custom orders pretty quickly... Faster than most in the swimbait game. I don't even think he charges extra compared to what it would be listed as pre-made.