High pressure fisheries

EC_Flyer

Hey all after moving from San Diego to Boston my idea of fishing pressure has changed. I remember fishing Lower Otay Reservoir in San Diego some days and felling like I could walk across the reservoir with all the boats on the water. The crazy part was that this body of water continued to produce numbers and size regardless.

On the east coast the pressure is less but some bodies of water still could be described as moderate pressure fisheries. I will be fishing some of these spots this weekend and was wondering if people have go-to High pressure swimbaits? Here are a couple tricks I use, 1 fishing at night. 2 fish large baits 8in plus. 3 fish bright colors, lastly I normally use soft plastic baits rather than hard baits.

Wanted to see what SU members do when confronted with a high pressure fishery ?

Thanks

Even tho there is alot of pressure in my area, very few peeps keep em. The good news is few peeps use SBS. Bad news is more peeps r using SBS. Some baits like slammers sometimes tell u somebody is throwing em there. Same with buzzjets. I have downsized my SB offerings to baby wakes etc. and also might throw more of a cranking bait. You often need to show em something different.

Wow, CA is some of the most pressured water, I always felt like going somewhere else would be easier, but I don't know personally. maybe talk to Nate Batallas he just moved west from the North east.

Goodluck

Be careful saying this i caught so much ish for saying this when I first joined su Hahahahah

Hey all after moving from San Diego to Boston my idea of fishing pressure has changed. I remember fishing Lower Otay Reservoir in San Diego some days and felling like I could walk across the reservoir with all the boats on the water. The crazy part was that this body of water continued to produce numbers and size regardless.

On the east coast the pressure is less but some bodies of water still could be described as moderate pressure fisheries. I will be fishing some of these spots this weekend and was wondering if people have go-to High pressure swimbaits? Here are a couple tricks I use, 1 fishing at night. 2 fish large baits 8in plus. 3 fish bright colors, lastly I normally use soft plastic baits rather than hard baits.

Wanted to see what SU members do when confronted with a high pressure fishery ?

Thanks

You just missed out dude san vicente just opened back up and otay is dead now.

Be careful saying this i caught so much ish for saying this when I first joined su Hahahahah

I am by no means saying the East coast is hard hahahaha

I just don't know how it is compared to CA or out west

I'm curious what the guys who have fished both coasts a lot know.

First of all, on either coast it’s fishing, so it’s freakin sweet.  Spent last 10ish years fishing San Diego. San V closed a few months before I got there, then reopened a couple months after I moved to Boston. Bad luck I guess, that is not to say I haven’t thrown swimbaits in San V. lake before, and that’s all I’m saying about that.

Fishing on the east coast is easier in terms of numbers, it a lower pressure area for sure, catching a bunch of fish under 3 pounds is very common and 20 fish days are not hard to come by if you leave the swimbaits at home.  In terms of size catching really large bass is very difficult. I have been here for a year and largest is 6.3. In a year of fishing San Diego waters I would always catch larger fishing than this. I love fishing both coasts. There are many differences, both are great. 

Wow, CA is some of the most pressured water, I always felt like going somewhere else would be easier, but I don't know personally. maybe talk to Nate Batallas he just moved west from the North east.

Goodluck

Pretty sure Nate caught his biggest LM within the first week living in CA. Yes, super pressured, but again, its fishing. Pressure will affect anglers but knowing how to adapt and still catch fish is the key. And, by no means, is MA "easier" to fish....if anybody wants to take a trip out and find out, let me know!

Pretty sure Nate caught his biggest LM within the first week living in CA. Yes, super pressured, but again, its fishing. Pressure will affect anglers but knowing how to adapt and still catch fish is the key. And, by no means, is MA "easier" to fish....if anybody wants to take a trip out and find out, let me know!

I know I'd give up Ma waters to stick almost a 7 my first week living in Ca haha.