New respect for big bait prices

BrhodesBassin

I once saw "solar fall baits" doing this on youtube in one of his videos. If you you're into making your own baits you should definitely go check him out.

nice i apreciate it man. ive seen a few of his videos just not this one. his whole heavy metal  bait making theme is killer

I spent $300 in TRIAL sized products for the "not your average rat bait" experiment. That was just to see in it would come out in a mold not actual end lure.

ya ive come to the idea of testing smaller sizes on my glide lizard idea until i get something i like then trying to scale up once i do. hopefully it saves me a little

do you know where I might find info on how to do this? I have looked and can't anything.

I just tried using some cut up silicone in my new mold and it turned out pretty well. What I did is I poured only liquid silicone right on top of the master. Once that silicone spread and settled over the master, I poured in the mixture of liquid silicone and cut up silicone to fill up the rest of the mold.

let a thin layer set up fully before pouring in the silicone mixed with chunks of old mold. The cost savings is pretty minimal, i just pour new. Trying to be frugal and making baits dont really go together LOL. expensive torture. sometimes i wish i would have just bought a hammer so i can beat myself over the head with it, same result but a lot cheaper 

• 4 weeks later...