Is this bad for my rod????????????

Low&Slow

post-25338-0-96909700-1495772903_thumb.png

My first thought is of course idiot but... then again these rods are pretty durable. It's a Dobyns 908 and it's just too big for my apartment. It's been sitting there looking all lonely at me for the last month as I've been too busy. I hung it on my roof with some 10lb braid but it's such a pain to get down n up. It should be fine right? Thoughts??

If you have to store it at an angle, get a big hook and screw it into the wall so that it supports the rod 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up. That way it won't flex like that. If you have room, use two or three hooks and store it horizontally.

Here's a really big one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DH4NP

Edited by Top Ramen

If you have to store it at an angle, get a big hook and screw it into the wall so that it supports the rod 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up. That way it won't flex like that. If you have room, use two or three hooks and store it horizontally.

Here's a really big one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DH4NP

Ouuuu I like this one

I do have a 8ft kvd cranking rod that warped on me..not sure if it was from sitting in my rod locker in the boat or against the wall in the house but it certainly is not straight anymore. Still catches fish and casts plenty far but it can't be "good" for it. Word to the wise they will warp eventually I guess

Edited by GSUbasser

An issue you can have is guide frames can come lose popping the guide insert. I have had this issue happen repeatedly but it usually from how I store em for trips, with groups of rods etc. The more bend the more chance guides are going to come in contact with something.