Inshore swimbaits

Mountainryan

(Already did a search) So we have a killer inshore striper bite in New Hampshire and this year I would love to throw big glides and swimbaits for these fish. I have never EVER had luck on paddle tail baits in years of rock hopping and beach fishing but apparently they work. Here is the question, I have had problems with freshwater hartbaits becoming useless due to buoyancy and current. How would you add weight to deps 175s and other glides specifically for salt water? Lead tape? Suspend dots? I really don't need to get all new fast sink baits. Thanks.

Nothing like catching a 40" fish from shore!

For the regular swimbaits you could just peg an egg weight or worm weight in front of it with bobber stops.   I'm not sure if it would work on a glide since they are very balanced and it would obviously make the front way heavier.  Would probably mess up the gliding action.

you could try stick on weights for wheels on cars. your local tyre shop likely has them in .25 oz, .5 oz, .75 oz and 1 oz. you could even try and balance out the weights by using the .25's. Or, like suggested throw some egg weights on the split rings with the hooks...never affected my hook up ratios. 

I have a lip weight for my 250 that inserts into the slot on the nose left from where the bill would be on a silent killer. It lets you reel it very fast or the same as normal, but it gets down allot more on a normal retrieve. I'm sure you could hammer some lead down flat and shove it into a 175 for similar results