Phoney shad orders. Updates?

natalex85

I finally gave up on him? Never answered a single email of mine. Finally replied on insta after weeks. Told me if i sent email i was on the list and that it would be 8-10 weeks. Well it's been way more then that and I've heard nothing. No payment taken though..,

Update for everyone. The folks at phoney contacted me and they are working very hard to get the operation up and running again. He has a couple of family members who are top notch helping him get caught up. I expect all will be copacetic in the near future.

Not only have I been patient. I've been "forgotten" on the list.I was one of the first guys to order his baits and I waited for about 16 weeks just to get the response that he didn't realize I even ordered.Now I get every other email answered after ordering bluegills quite some time ago.I hit him up 3 days ago for an update but no answer

Mason, you have not been forgotten, this is Tommy, I work with Jason at phoney frogs USA making the glides. Please contact me @ginasman on Instagram and I will get back to you the same day. We had a couple of issues with his email account and we are trying to take care of that now. Thanx for your time

ive been waiting on mine since last october......... probably was just forgotten, i emailed him a couple times recently with no response):

Hello Nate, my name is Tommy Faulkner. I work with Jason making the glide shads. Please contact me @ginasman on Instagram and I will get back with you the same day.

To all, if you need an update on the glides you have been waiting to pay for please contact me and I will try to get back to you the same day. We have not forgotten anyone. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on getting everything in order. We are a small family business and what affects one of us affects us all. We had some things come up that set us behind a little bit. Please be patient and if you have any questions please contact me via Instagram @ginasman. Thank you to all for the support and patience. Tommy Faulkner, Jr.

Tommy is awesome dude he is really trying to turn the customer service up a notch! He told me he'd give me an update on time frame here soon... talked to Jason as well and they are in the middle of a move with is a big part of the hold up, they are about a month and a half behind on baits.

Tommy ( ginasman) , thanks for the updates on this. I have emailed Jason a few times too just trying to make sure that I didn't miss the payment email and I too got no responses. Thanks for clearing up that there were email problems and other outside factors. I don't have instagram but sent Jason a message on Facebook. As long as I haven't missed anything or owe ya'll money, I am fine with the wait and I thank you for the update. 

To all, if you need an update on the glides you have been waiting to pay for please contact me and I will try to get back to you the same day. We have not forgotten anyone. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on getting everything in order. We are a small family business and what affects one of us affects us all. We had some things come up that set us behind a little bit. Please be patient and if you have any questions please contact me via Instagram @ginasman. Thank you to all for the support and patience. Tommy Faulkner, Jr.

Some people do seem to forget that bait makers sometimes have family issues that take precedence.  Jason seems to be a very reputable guy.  Having Tommy on board SU should help with questions.

Yeah this preorder thing kind of annoys me too. Make the baits and sell them. Not the other way around.

Agreed, , but like others have stated, getting custom baits are just gonna be tough one way or another. I don't mind a preorder list that gives the maker an idea of how many he needs to produce, and that are allocated for, also limiting flippers as much as possible,, I just don't agree with paying all up front and praying to actually get your bait a year or two later... if at all

Yeah this preorder thing kind of annoys me too. Make the baits and sell them. Not the other way around.

This works less effective if your a small organization.. that's why you can't get battle shads or dockrats.. without waiting for the alert and immediately going to the site only to see you've been bested again by the same 10 people..

Posted by SPEEDBEAD on 10 August 2016 - 11:43 AM in Member Reviews

Nah, not judging the Phoney Frog guy at all. Just saying on the flip side of that, everything looks peachy in theory but when the demand starts, that's when people begin to realize it's not a bait maker just being slow; there are genuine problems when trying to fill orders.

I'm just glad there are guys out there making baits, period. I sure as hell can't. LOL

I'm selling Magic 8 balls....

For real though, good job to Phoney for reaching out to customers and acknowledging issues, taking steps to rectify, etc.