Interesting new hook from Mustad

Primus

I can't imagine this being a good design for BBR since the fish pulling back on the hooks during the fight would just drive the point even deeper into the bait and probably tear it up. With a line through you have direct connection to the hook and I guess in theory you could dislodge it from the bait during the hookset by pulling it forward and into the fish's mouth...although I guess you would also dislodge it during casting too wouldn't you? Either I'm missing something or this is a terrible design. 

Edited by NEbucketmouth19

To BB rig a hudd, wouldn't you have to straighten out the tiny hook keeper to stick it into the foam harness? If not then I imagine it would rip the skin with 1 or 2 fish, someone else should try it out before I spend 6$ on a single hook haha

I think since it's a stinger hook if you BB rigged it is not meant to be a direct line tie hook, it's meant to be rigged independently, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad?

My point still stands though, if a bass is pulling back on this stinger hook it is going to be driving the point deeper into the bait, and now when it shakes and jumps the damage to the bait will be even greater. At least with a traditional stinger hook setup the hook has a chance to pull free of the bait with minimal damage.