Over rated hype baits/ swimbait gear rods & reels etc.

BASS_SWINGER

I would agree with the Punker.  Spooks and LC Gunfish have caught way more quality and way more consistently then that bait ever has for me. 

I'll also have to add any 3:16 that are 8" and up.  I've bought and used them all, and the 8"+ baits from 3:16 just dont produce for me and.  The 10" wake was probably worst of them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Going Fishing Gills. They look great, but every one Ive had swam like garbage. I don't understand why people are paying $200 and up for these. They catch more fisherman than they do fish

I remember seeing these on eBay 3 years before the big hype up.. they wouldn’t sell for 80 bucks then.. never saw a good swim vid.. I couldn’t get over the bulging head on them.. just not my style

• 1 month later...

I would agree with the Punker.  Spooks and LC Gunfish have caught way more quality and way more consistently then that bait ever has for me. 

I'll also have to add any 3:16 that are 8" and up.  I've bought and used them all, and the 8"+ baits from 3:16 just dont produce for me and.  The 10" wake was probably worst of them all.

Out of genuine curiosity, what is it about the 10†wakes you don’t like? Something about their action, or you don’t catch anything on them?

I would agree with the Punker. Spooks and LC Gunfish have caught way more quality and way more consistently then that bait ever has for me.

I'll also have to add any 3:16 that are 8" and up. I've bought and used them all, and the 8"+ baits from 3:16 just dont produce for me and. The 10" wake was probably worst of them all.

I have absolutely killed them on the 316 Baits, especially the larger ones. But I have never caught a fish on a hudd( granted I have not put in a ton of time with one though). But it’s Funny how much success on a certain Lure varies from person to person. I will add though that I have never caught a fish on the 10 inch wake either( Another bait I haven’t put much time in with)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HPH.. I've had 3..i know I know.. if it doesn't come from the builder direct it's defective.. but honestly way way over hyped

This. I went through five of them trying to figure out what the hype was about. Two out of all of them swam kind of the same. The rest were all very different. One got bit decently if I fished it like a jerk bait. The rest were just painful to watch.

• 3 months later...

Good thread 

I hate to even say it as I seen a friend fish it and get hammered by several fish in a tough tough lake but I haven’t caught anything on my mattlures hardgill... 

dud? Not working it right? 

Punker is a bit over rated but when it works it works. Tiger Muskie love a punker

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 4:53 PM, jcolo4sho said:

Pats

On 9/25/2017 at 2:13 PM, timcauliffe said:
On 9/19/2017 at 4:53 PM, jcolo4sho said:

Pats

On 10/1/2017 at 7:56 PM, swole_t said:

Pats bait.

You bastards     .:ChimpShakingHead::grin:

Edited by billyo