Over rated hype baits/ swimbait gear rods & reels etc.

BASS_SWINGER

• 2 weeks later...

A couple i had is the defiant trout, and the bait 30 smokin shad, the defiant trout has a good tail thump but thats it, the harness set up is garbage and the body is just stiff, only seen a few fish caught on it...the smokin shad has little to no tail thump at all, the body is cool lookin and its set up perty good for the beast hooks, and also only seen a few fish on it...

Second the Tiny Klash. Fished it a decent amount, only been bit on it once. Seems to me that for every mode on the bait, theres another bait out there that can do the job better.

I don't own one yet (been on the fence), but it could be a good tool to have especially if youre running a new lake and doing a lot of searching for fish, the glide mode seems smooth and wide enough from what Ive seen to make it happen once you run into fish... the bigger surface area makes it able to glide better in contrast to the Tiny Klash

9 hours ago, ATBass said:

I don't own one yet (been on the fence), but it could be a good tool to have especially if youre running a new lake and doing a lot of searching for fish, the glide mode seems smooth and wide enough from what Ive seen to make it happen once you run into fish... the bigger surface area makes it able to glide better in contrast to the Tiny Klash

Just ordered a rainbow trout 9 it comes tomorrow so we’ll see. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2017 at 12:38 PM, Namsu11 said:

Banjo Minnow.

No joke, these little suckers got me into bass fishing haha!  I caught my first big bass at Lake Powell on one of these.  But yeah, it's a glorified Fluke. WAY overhyped back in the day.  The marketing was pro haha

I’d have to say 250s and negotiators, not saying they’re bad baits at all, they catch fish for days but I just feel like they’re (especially the 250) hyped up as god tier baits when personally I have baits IMO that I believe swim just as good if not better, and much cheaper which allows me to fish them deep/ heavy structure. So if I break off I don’t flip out about losing $130-$200 I only lose $40-70$

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Boondock said:

Good thread 

I hate to even say it as I seen a friend fish it and get hammered by several fish in a tough tough lake but I haven’t caught anything on my mattlures hardgill... 

dud? Not working it right? 

Punker is a bit over rated but when it works it works. Tiger Muskie love a punker

I haven't put a lot of time into a ton of other baits, but from the few that I have, my hardgills and strong bass has caught me the most fish 

My PB is on the smaller strong bass