Trolling motor pedal tray

thastickybandit

Hey SU was wanting to see if I could get a few opions from others on here wether it would be worth the trouble of installing a recessed pedal tray? I took my deck off and looks like I would have to cut through some supports. I think it would be possible to move the supports. However I don't know how much work I'd be getting myself into. Here is what it looks like under the deck. I have circled which supports would have to be cut

post-21158-0-21304900-1506800915_thumb.jpg

Whatever you have to do to mod the deck to fit the tray, do it. I fished forever without one, no big deal. Then early this year I got one, Can believe it took me so long. It really is the only way to fly

I've done 2 boats so far. One tracker similar to yours and a fiberglass recently. Neither was that bad just plan ahead. I would go with a aluminum tray (I built my first one and didn't like it) and cut what you need to cut. You can make a template for gussets out of cardboard and then have a local shop cut them (water jet or plasma) for a little cash or you can buy some aluminum plate and make your own. This will tie everything back together. Mechanical fasteners and not rivets.

Ceaser is very right. Once you have one you will never do without again.