Baits worth saving up for

LIBass

Honestly man, IK people talk about sticking with the basics, and that's excellent advice. But after I bought my first 250, I gained so much confidence KNOWING I was throwing a bait that all the sticks were using. And I think, for the most part, it was the right call. I've caught numerous bass on it, one of them being my first DD and PB. If there ever was one bait that I thought was truly worth the price, a 250 would be it.

yup.

Stick with buying a quality reel with an average ratio, a good rod that can handle the baits you are thinking about getting. Not sure what you are using now but Spiralite has a good 8’3†swimbait rod that has been reviewed on YouTube by a great baitmaker here on SU for 119$ for their beginning rod and 230$ for their top end rod I believe.

Don’t do what a lot of guys do and just buy and buy. I as well as a lot of other guys did and now have a lot in baits that are worth far less than what I purchased them for and sit in a box. The 250 is an amazing bait but I would talk to some of the SU guys from Florida that can tell you what they get to produce and where they fish. The baits that mimic forage seem to produce better but that said people catch dd on baits that don’t mimic anything. Save your cash and start with 2 hard baits and two soft baits that range in size. Remember TW has some restrictions on the brands that they discount. That’s just my .02 I’m sure you can PM a lot of guys and they can help you out more than I can just be respectful and use the search button to get as much info as possible in between keeping your GPA UP! Good luck and enjoy the adventure of swimbaits

^I agree heartily with all the above.  If you are planning to fish in Florida you should ask Brian (Bassbass) for his opinions before buying.  Brian moved from the Northeast to Florida and went through the learning curve already.  Those Florida strain bass definitely act different than what you are used to in NY.