Deps Slide Swimmer 175

Andrewwang1769

So I am new to swimbaits, I've done it for about a month or so and I've been using Swavers and I decided to buy a slide swimmer. I just received my Slide swimmer 175 about a week ago and I took it out today to give it a try and get a good feel of it and I have to say it is amazing. Just one issue though, sometimes it will nose up when you're retrieving it and it will ruin your action, does anybody else have this issue?

Please leave tips for me on how to work this thing.

Could be you are fishing bait too fast.....I think the sweeping move that can be done with gliders, along with the 360 turn are way over hyped. A slow meandering action and maybe a pull here and there for a direction change is what has worked for me. Also a jb like splash down rapid double twitch and pause on windy banks has also worked for me.....head up tho is not necessarily bad either that is how some bait tries to escape. Only happens when I overwork bait.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Slide a Suspend Strip right under the nose where the skin is or a little tungsten putty in the nose slot. It's common with the new model SS, but they still swim great.

Tim is correct.  I've never fished one of the newer 175s that didn't nose up on the retrieve,  It doesn't require a lot of weight to correct this.  I use a piece of flattened lead under the skin at the chin but I'm sure tungsten putty would work just fine too.  For me, the 175 has a much more lifelike swim than the s-waver 200.