Ben.h

Hey I'm just starting out throwing big baits and need some advice. 95 percent of of the bodies of water I fish have bluegill as the only forage and 5 percent are primarily BG with a small population of shad. I was gifted with the opportunity to get the bull shooter and/or slide swimmer 175 for $50 a piece. I was wondering which to purchase first or if there was another bait in the $50 range that i was overlooking (ie Bullgill)

Although I don't have any experience with the Bullshooter either Deps is a solid choice. Both the Bullshooter and SlideSwimmer are glide style baits so if you're looking for that style then you're on the right track. If you're looking for more of a multi jointed/freestyle bait then you might want to look into the Gantarel, Bull Gill or Hardgill, like some of the other guys have already mentioned. If you're looking for soft baits then you've got even more options, Huddleston, Mattlures, Rago, 3:16 all have bluegill baits as well as shad profile baits. There are many other soft baits out there that aren't bluegill profile but do come in bluegill colorways.