Spiralite reviews wanted!

hroth33

3 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

so i ordered the 8'6 telescopic sunday night and just checked my email for tracking and it says tuesday OCT 30.  now you could argue im nit picking since this isnt even about the rod itself, but i just find it odd that TW carries everything but their swimbait rods so i couldnt order from TW who offers free shipping and $5 2 day, but i had to pay $20 for 7 day shipping and didnt even see an option for quicker shipping (even though it would probably be an ungodly amount). 

tw does have the 1-4 oz i believe

4 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

so i ordered the 8'6 telescopic sunday night and just checked my email for tracking and it says tuesday OCT 30.  now you could argue im nit picking since this isnt even about the rod itself, but i just find it odd that TW carries everything but their swimbait rods so i couldnt order from TW who offers free shipping and $5 2 day, but i had to pay $20 for 7 day shipping and didnt even see an option for quicker shipping (even though it would probably be an ungodly amount). 

TW doesnt ship anything over 8'. If youve ever tried to do it, youd probably appreciate the $20 shipping. It gets expensive fast over 96" long for some reason, all the shippers are the same. Thats why TW doesnt do it.

1 hour ago, Drewski73 said:

TW doesnt ship anything over 8'. If youve ever tried to do it, youd probably appreciate the $20 shipping. It gets expensive fast over 96" long for some reason, all the shippers are the same. Thats why TW doesnt do it.

But the rod is telescopic and breaks down to 7’2 (what I’ve been told). And they have them in the defiant series anyways. I’m not trying to rag on spiralite or TW..... I just find it very odd and unfortunate.

3 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

But the rod is telescopic and breaks down to 7’2 (what I’ve been told). And they have them in the defiant series anyways. I’m not trying to rag on spiralite or TW..... I just find it very odd and unfortunate.

Well then disregard the superfluous information I provided! 

I haven’t gotten the chance to use one of their swimbait rods yet, but I’ve got the 7’4 frog rod and it’s been awesome for some of my smaller baits and of coarse frogs as well. It cast’s and feels great and I’ll probably be getting another rod soon. 

went out for the first time tonight....i got to say i love the way it throws the baitsanity.  absolutely man handles it. i was torn between the 8'3 and the 8'6.  i heard the 8'3 loaded up to much and i know alot of people like an 867 for 250s so i tried the 8'6 and it casts like a dream!!!!!

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Loganodum38 said:

Snapped on a light lob cast with a bait 4.5 ounces under what is listed as max rating, and not even near what the rod is realistically capable of throwing 

How long you been fishin that rod bro? Ive had mine over a year and chuck 250s on it almost exclusivly. Mine isnt the telescopic though.I hate that happened man. What a bummer.

You contact spiralite? What they say?

Edited by StriperAddict

3 hours ago, StriperAddict said:

How long you been fishin that rod bro? Ive had mine over a year and chuck 250s on it almost exclusivly. Mine isnt the telescopic though.I hate that happened man. What a bummer.

You contact spiralite? What they say?

i just found the paypal email receipt and i ordered it october 22, 2018, so ive basically had it 1 year. thrown exclusively a Baitsanity explorer glide on it, so basically the same size and weight as a 250. always been well cared for and stored with rod sleeve. there was no weak point in the blank where there was a deep scratch, gash, dent etc.  literally first cast with it today just snapped on a super easy lob cast. 

called spiralite this afternoon and he said itd be $60+shipping so basically $90 even tho the website says other wise (exact copy and paste from website). which i think is BS, is it just me or is a 1 year old rod that breaks on the lightest cast you can possibly make with a bait way under the weight rating not due to "defect in worksmanship or materials".  If that is not considered a defect in materials then is that how are the worksmanship and materials supposed to perform? break after only a year of use?  im not sure how this is going to play out, i called him before i checked the website thinking that it is covered considering its a and  "lifetime warranty".  If we talk it out and all i have to pay for is the $30 shipping then ill be satisfied, if not, im asking for my money back and getting another dobyns.  ive had my 806 and 795 for years and theyve been through hell and back and are still going strong.

we will repair or replace at no charge to you other than a $30 return shipping and handling fee any Spiralite rod received at our warranty center that is determined to have broken due to a defect in workmanship or materials for life from the date of original owner purchase.

Any rod determined to be broken for any other reason will be replaced based on the following Rod Series replacement pricing:

Maverick Series- $49 replacement charge + S&H (USA only)