Chasing gills

JDHanson79

So I was out for a short trip to the pond here on base this morning, try and break my dry spell. Planed on only fishing for about two hours then head to the house and hang with the fam. Well my two hours turned into 5 1/2 once I saw these!

post-148-14252986311959_thumb.jpg

I proceeded to watch them run blue gill up against the shore and gorge themselves on 4-6" bluegill. They paid no attention to any thing I threw at them. So I just ended up watching them, very cool I got to say.

Joshua

That's awesome. There is a place around me they do something like that. The Gill fisherman catch tons of em and throw them back and the bass literally watch the people throw the gills back. As soon as they hit the water SMACK. So my buddy and I would take our rod tips and splash in the water the throw out bait out there and get whacked. Pretty cool. Sweet pic thanks for sharing with the underground.

Jeremy

when the bass "wolfpack" the bluegills its crazy. I think my first post was about the ones that patrol my dock. They come thru and eat and then theyre done. I have tried em on many occasions and you know what works best for me.. (dont laugh :lol:) a four inch green pumpkin tube. I threw all the swimmers I had with very little results but a tube on a jighead with that spiral fall... WHAMMO! those bluegill wolfpacks haunt me in the summer :lol::lol::lol: