2 Pre-Store FS Shads Brownback and Greenback

JJ77

Seems like when the store opens it will be all sport models. Does this sound correct? Original freestyles and original wakes and arms were all hand made and hand painted by Mickey. Seems like some stuff is outsourced now? Paint jobs done by baitwerks etc. i think the value of his older Baits will hold a lot more than the new mass produced stuff. original arms and wakes and one ups and real deals might not be made anymore.

Still believe all of his baits are handmade and painted by Mickey. He did the gills a few years back that were painted by Baitwerks but that was one run only. As far as I know, no outsoircing for production or paint for shop items. Believe he just scaled out his process to better meet demand and built up a lot of inventory over the past several months.

I smell an under/over bet on how long before everything in the store sells out..no thread jacking anymore

Bump for good baits! Someone buy these

Agreed. With the amount of baits that look to be going up for sale in that store I’m predicting some maxed out credit cards and empty shelves in no time. It’s about to be a flipper’s wet dream for anyone within driving distance.

Mickey has raised prices enough to take away the flippers profits on most of his baits anyway. With mass production it should cut out the flippers and make baits easier to acquire. I reckon it will be a good thing for all. People that have always wanted to get a hold of 3:16 hardbaits to fish them but couldn’t get a hold of them should have an easier time now finding baits at retail price.

Mickey has raised prices enough to take away the flippers profits on most of his baits anyway. With mass production it should cut out the flippers and make baits easier to acquire. I reckon it will be a good thing for all. People that have always wanted to get a hold of 3:16 hardbaits to fish them but couldn’t get a hold of them should have an easier time now finding baits at retail price.

Unless we’re actually able to place an order online for baits that are in stock, everybody not within driving distance of the store is in the same boat we’ve always been. I doubt the local guys will be emptying the shelves in there with the intention of coming here to sell for retail + shipping out of the kindness of their hearts. They’ll be sitting on a maxed out credit card, a pile of hard baits, and a “number in mind†waiting for a pm. The only way we’re catching a break is if Mickey can keep up with the demand and will actually sell a hard bait through his website, which from the looks of things he hasn’t done in years.

Unless we’re actually able to place an order online for baits that are in stock, everybody not within driving distance of the store is in the same boat we’ve always been. I doubt the local guys will be emptying the shelves in there with the intention of coming here to sell for retail + shipping out of the kindness of their hearts. They’ll be sitting on a maxed out credit card, a pile of hard baits, and a “number in mind†waiting for a pm. The only way we’re catching a break is if Mickey can keep up with the demand and will actually sell a hard bait through his website, which from the looks of things he hasn’t done in years.

couldnt agree more.  although i like thinking of a bunch of these baits floating around at better prices.

Seems like when the store opens it will be all sport models. Does this sound correct? Original freestyles and original wakes and arms were all hand made and hand painted by Mickey. Seems like some stuff is outsourced now? Paint jobs done by baitwerks etc. i think the value of his older Baits will hold a lot more than the new mass produced stuff. original arms and wakes and one ups and real deals might not be made anymore.

I'm new around here, what's the difference between the original freestyle and the freestyle sport models?