Top water / wake bait

Theryano

I had time when little bait did better and times when big baits did better. Little would be a cracker G2 and anything as big as 10in. Different size, joints, bills, profile, etc throws different wakes. Don't be scare to throw the bigger baits. Just make sure you have the correct gears for it. Me personally, I throw a lot of 8in wakes/floater.

Hands down for me in the "small floater/wake bait " style is a G2 cracker....small size , small $$$$ ....great bait good wake...nice crank down diver....can't count the numbers of bass in the 5-7lb plus fish....may have to wade thru some 2-3lb fish...don't we all....it flat produces for me...michel...Go Fish!!!

Best Producers for me:

3:16 Freestyle Shad Floater

3:16 Freestyle Gill Floater

3:16 Minnow

3:16 Baby Wake

And this weird little Biovex Joint Bait 142 I got in Japan

Best big fish producers:

Wake JR

El Raton

Triple Trout 8†Cut Tail floater (slightly bigger than your 7†max)

7†Slammer

Topwater has been my best for both numbers and size.

Out of all of those if I had to recommend just one, I’d say the new style Wake JR has to be my favorite.

My buddies have killed it on Toxic Wade Hoggs, Nez Rats, Woodrow Rats, and Punkers as well.

Comes down to your personal style and how actively you wanna work the topwater bait you choose.

I’m too lazy to work a Punker all day, but will gladly work a Wake JR or FS Shad nice and slowly.

A lot of good options already mentioned but I like the Floating Matt lures Hard Gill and the Got'Em Coach Bluegill baits. I tend to fish these like a prop bait or at times I will twitch them.