Dobyns 806 w/ Tranx 400

SMS203

What’s up everyone

This is for people thinking about getting this set up.

I often hear people talk about reel sizes and weight but they don’t mention balancing a rod.

Just got my new tranx 400 in today to pair up with the 806HSB and thought I would share some thoughts.

For one the 400 is the perfect size for this rod and is by no means too big, heavy, or overkill. I really think I would not have been happy with the 300. Why because of balance.It is basically the curado 300 size. I thought this real was going to balance out the rod perfectly and while this set up has pretty good balance it is not perfect. I have the 795 Champion Mike Long and with the curado 300 it balances absolutely perfect and whole set up feels extreamly light because of it. I am by no means saying that this set up is heavy it is just not what it could be with a longer handle. The 806HSB has a long enough handle that unless you have huge long arms you will be tucking it while using it anyway. So unless I was fishing from a kayak I would go with the 806 Mike Long because of balance. The better the balance the lighter your set up feels which you will love after hours of chucking swimbaits. My next rod was going to be the 807 but it just might be the 806HSB-ML.