night fishing stained water?

bassturds

a spot i love has stained water, i do very well here on swimbaits during the day. i night fished it once, missed a giant and got a 6lbs fish. ive night fished it a few other times and got skunked. 

they love topwater here during the day, thats pretty much all i use a night as well.  

the visibility is like 2 feet, its not super stained but there is a tint to it.   the pond is 30 feet deep, 
maybe they go sit out deep on the steep drop offs.

any tips on how to fish this place

Edited by bassturds

i think you have the right idea with the top water. Anything that causes a commotion should get fish interested.

for targeting deeper, maybe consider a soft bait with an underspin hook. Something with a thumping tail, plus the added vibration of the blade underneath

i guess i just gota keep fishing it at night, who knows why i got skunked those times but that 1st time i did good.  it was later in the season like september.  i didnt hit it till the next year. So maybe those fish stay deep in the cool spring water during the summer and move up when the water temp drops in the early fall.  which would also make sense.  

I would throw noisy rats in spring for top water. You'd be surprised how shallow they can be at night in spring especially stained water. Typically baits they bite during the day they will bite at night. I find that soft swimmers work awesome at night. Hudds and rago weedless packs a thump.

I would throw noisy rats in spring for top water. You'd be surprised how shallow they can be at night in spring especially stained water. Typically baits they bite during the day they will bite at night. I find that soft swimmers work awesome at night. Hudds and rago weedless packs a thump.

yea they get up pretty shallow in the spring. but what i meant as in spring water. is the underground spring. so maybe they go deep during the summer to sit out over the cool water. but who knows