Ghost white ShellcrackerG2 assaulted by NJ girls

KeepinItReelFishing

Air Temp: Upper 50's
Water Temp: 48 (main lake) 53 (protected cove)

I had focused almost all my time on deep water holdings and secondary/transition spots all to no avail.  In the final hour of light I said to myself, "they won't be shallow yet, not with topwater temps of only 48F". Well, found this one, tiny, protected cove of super skinny water.  The whole thing is 2-3ft max depth.  Water temps in it were a full 5 degrees higher (53F) than the main lake body. No weeds yet present and zero baitfish, the area was in a word....bleak.  I scaled down from the big 8" lures I had been runnin' to the Shellcracker G2. Wanted something small and light that I could really pinpoint my casts right next to the cover around the shore, and, in the skinny water, to not have a giant splash. Alone, in the barren and desolate cove the bright white Shellcracker looked like a specter of bluegills gone by. Turns out bass don't like ghostly bluegills clackin' around in their warm Jacuzzi. A 2.5lb'er, 3.5lb'er, and nice 5lb 6oz settled their differences with the G2.

-Carl / Keepin'It REEL Fishing

DSC09272.JPG

DSC09276.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.18.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.22.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.24.48 PM.png