First Official Swimbait Fish and It's a PB!

MTPanda

Hey guys, I just had to come on and share my story.

I restarted bass fishing last year after a long hiatus and got intrigued by the big swimbait phenomenon. I actually remember seeing the Castaic Trout Co lure as a child get inhaled in front of me at the Fred Hall Tackle Show bass tank many years ago but never thought I would toss a giant swimbait like that.

Fast forward to last year where I started bass fishing again and decided to try tossing big swimbaits. It has definitely been a grind and very disheartening. My first two swimbait fish were caught at Lake Baccarac in Mexico and they were just some 3lbers. I ended up catching my PB of 9.81 off a jig while fishing Lake Baccarac on my last day. But I really wanted to catch a double digit and catch it stateside so I started fishing big swimbaits locally and only got one bite off my 8" hudd and one follower on my Swaver 200 for the past 6 months or so.

So today I went out to my local lake, which is only 35 mins from my house, because they had a recent trout plant a few days ago and started tossing a 7.8" Keitech. I was slow rolling the 7.8" Keitech on a 10/0 Owner beast hook over a rock pile. She hit it right about 10 to 15 yards away from my boat rental. I sensed slight tick and paused for a sec and then felt a bigger tug and set the hook. At first I thought I snagged a rock, then the rock moved lolol.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my story of my new personal best double digit bass caught on a giant swimbait!! Keitech FTW.

Official weight from the boat dock, 12.2lbs

3 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Pig! Well done, Jason!

Oink oink! lol. Thanks!

1 hour ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

So rad! I was there saturday and lost my debs 250! Got snagged in the rocks. I'll be back there this week with some rago soft swimsuits. Good job bro!

OH MY I would cry if i lost a deps 250 lol.  I almost bought one but decided against it.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Mnunez42 said:

So rad man! Stoked on the PB, thats a true trophy man!

Thank you sir!

5 hours ago, MTPanda said:

OH MY I would cry if i lost a deps 250 lol.  I almost bought one but decided against it.  Good luck!

I kind of did. It was gut wrenching. The only reason I was ok was because I ordered its replacement on my way home so it's coming from Japan this week haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...