2018 ryoga or conquest

Shimano77

Since multiple asking I'll chime in. Recently got 1520, liked it so much went and bought another.

I own a LOT of reels. All Daiwa or Daiwa base concept. LIN 10, Ryoga 1016, 2020, Z, Shrapnel, bunch 100 class, all high quality. Short story, I've been waiting on this 1520 for years. Initial thoughts are the smoothest factory delivered reel I've owned. Ever. The micro gearing is real. Strong drag, with clicker. The cast control is non click, infinite adjustment, the SV spool is nice. Loaded it with 30lb true test fluoro and it handled great.

My concerns; I'm not 100% on the quick disconnect sideplate access. Seems legit, time will tell. It's Daiwa so how bad could it be I figure. Really easy spool access. Second, and the more important part, I have read two horror stories about these. Both fixable I'm sure, to which I attribute early release quirks. I find it exceptionally unlikely Daiwa would wait so long to distribute these, with the Ryoga name no less, if they weren't legit tanks. It sure feels like one, palms exceptionally easy, butter smooth. Literally disappears in hand and crank torque is seamless. I'd venture anyone who drops coin would be very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...