Prespawn Fishing in the Rain

MaineBassin

Hey Guys,

so this year is my first season throwing big swimbaits. I have fished swimbaits in the past (biggest 5.8 Keitech). I have purchased a Baitsanity trout explorer glide (9.5"), 3 8" hudds (1 ROF 5 with a little weight and 2 ROF 12). I also have an a rig with 1/4 heads on the bottom and 1/8 on top (little too heavy IMO...sinks fast). So i have been out twice this year (kayak with no electronics). First time i got blown around on a big lake and was skunked. I went out this past saturday (300 acre lake). and caught my first two bass of the year. one 2.66 smallmouth and one largemouth around 3lbs. Both on the a-rig. I threw the glide quite a bit, varying my retrieve to see what may work (nothing). Also threw hudds on bottom. I caught the LM just off a hump (went from 25' to 11'). Then i caught the smallie at the end heading back to the launch around a shallow buoy. Both bit right after the cast...No hits/bites besides the two i caught. I tried the north end in the shallows, looking for fish seeking warmer water. Nothing. Action was mostly in the middle. 

I am heading back out tomorrow but it is supposed to rain (cloudy early with showers and steadier rain later in the day, pretty light westerly breeze). I have fished in the rain in the past with mixed results. This is my first time throwing big baits in the rain. The water saturday was surprisingly cloudy. Most bodies of water around where i fish are pretty clear. It was very windy however.

Any tips regarding big baits in the rain? TIA