316 pb

Evan710

I Just started HVAC class last week so I haven't been able to fish after work. Went out yesterday to fish the lake for a couple hours before I had to meet my buddy a block away. Started with a dowz and a cheap gill since they are spawning hard right now. The lake is starting to get filled with slime and I could feel the dowz foul up a few cranks into each retrieve so I decided to tie on my 316 8" fs shad on for the first time(was also overcast and about to rain). Started in one corner I missed a pig and keep getting followers in but was mainly fishing the gill while only throwing the 316 2 times. I moved down the bank and made a couple more casts with the 316 at some brush piles near shore. Then I made it down to the back corner. I made one long cast across with nothing so I pitched it about 20 feet out into the shallows. I changed up the speed and was slow rolling it past a branch and she hit it like a mack truck. I buried the tip and horsed her in. I called my other buddy that lives near by to see if he could bring a scale and he was 20 seconds away without one. I saw some people fishing the other side so I ran across to see if they had one and it was the one pictured... not the best not the worst. Scale was reading 5 and a half to 3/4 .  My buddy likes to take pics while you're talking instead of smiling. 

IMG_2042.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_7119.jpeg

IMG_5684.jpeg

She also pinned herself so well and weird that I had to widen the hook hole a little to get it out. Same hole the scale is going through.