KNOCK OFFS....

GRANDE BASS

That is a question open to interpretation. To me a knock off is almost an exact replica of someone else's work. Industry is driven by advances and no one person will make them all.

Anytime new technology comes forward it will and should be built upon. Quality and customer service usually speak for themselves. I buy certain swimbaits because I know the manufacturer puts out a good product. Others I buy because it looks like something new. Over time we learn who makes quality and who makes junk.

If it is important to someone to keep their design their design only they should get a patent. Huddleston did it with his tail. We have laws so everyone should play by the same rules. Mickey I love your baits, but due to limited production I think it opens you up to being copied more than anyone in the swimbait industry. The baits are great and most everyone knows it, they can be hard to come by at times though. I have no problems paying for quality, thats why I paid $564.00 for a 6" Real Deal on ebay. That ought to tell you how much I like your baits but thats a lot of cheddar for a $14.00 per hr fireman. We are obviously seeing the direct results of supply and demand. Basic economics my man, could you increase the supply? Honestly I know the answer to that you told me when we spoke about a year ago, I know you are a 1 man shop and it sounded like you intend to keep it that way.

Rich

Knock-offs to me are plain and simple stealing. Can it ever be stopped? We can try. There will always be someone who can't make their own and copy other peoples hard work. That's crazy! Why people accept them like it's just the way it is is even more crazy. Who really drives the bait market?? It's the guys who make new baits. If you don't support them no one will make new baits! The fishing industry has gone too much in this direction and something needs to change. That's why I love this site. It's time to call out posers. Can you imagine if we, the members of swimbaitunderground changed how the industry operates? Don't say it can't be done because big things have been accomplished at the grass roots level.

I think mickey is refferring more to hard baits than softbaits like hudds when he talks about them being mass produced.

Also think about it this way. How many 10 pounders have been caught on BBZ baits compared to the number of baits that have been sold.

Now think how good alot of the fishermen throwing mickeys baits are and how many 10 pounders have been caught on his baits compared to how many baits mickey has made.. Ya the number is less but i bet the percentage of 10 pounders per bait made is more i would bet...

Im still waiting on my first with a swimbait tho 8-)