First swimbait fish

Drew03cmc

Well, I've had a few baits for a couple weeks now. I just got my first soft baits today, some Rising Sons and a Magdraft. After trying a Savage Gear Rat in the drizzling rain to no avail, I tied a 5" WRS in White Crappie with a weighted 8/0 Beast onto my H2O Xpress 7'3 H (heaviest rod I own at the moment) with a Spartacus Plus and 30# braid. I tossed it out and within 15 casts had a light strike. I kept tossing it and ten minutes later had a vicious strike which resulted in a 2lb bass to hand. My son was there, tossing his little swimmers (Eco Pro Swing Shad) and he caught a 1-09. Pretty fun time and I think I love these WRS...they'll work well for river smallies too I would assume. 

20180720_192258.jpg

20180720_195659.jpg

I'm loving this. I had two strikes yesterday in a creek, backwater area from 12 inch fish on the WRS and Magdraft. I watched the strikes, but I didn't hook either of them. These baits are easy to fish and I love them.